American Inventor

Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
I thought this guy with a good idea got squeezed out last night for what I thought was a lame idea.

saw it for first time last night. actually thought the guy who won should have. he seemed like the one who could most use the mil bucks for his family and product. the other two will probably be entertaining offers soon as i'm sure being on national tv got them and their product exposure. especially since theirs were pretty cool and not as much of a niche thing like the dude's who went on. besides, the guy who had the sand bagger thing seemed kinda like an ass during the prototype development by not even entertaining ideas for modifications. might be why nobody has expressed interest before...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Apr 21, 2006 -> 05:04 PM)
the guy who had the sand bagger thing seemed kinda like an ass during the prototype development by not even entertaining ideas for modifications. might be why nobody has expressed interest before...

The other reason might be because it's pretty useless. speaking as someone who has filled sandbags, that thing wouldn't work.

Think about it like this, if you're shoveling snow what's the most weight you can lift in one shovelfull? Not very much. You don't have very good leverage. It would take a very good athlete to even get 20 pounds of sand in one scoop. And that doesn't make for a very useful sandbag. You need something about twice that size to start being effective.