rumor of JM being fired

cwsox

I heard an interested (yet brutally simple) reason why JM hasn't been fired yet. KW KNOWS that once JM is fired, he won't be far behind, so KW is either (1) lobbying JR to keep JM on-board (assuming the decision is JR's to make) or (2) holding off on firing him to save his own ass (assuming the decision is KW's to make). Either way, it looks like JM may not be going anywhere anytime soon, although he needs to.

Please before i wake up tomorrow!!!

It's a damn shame we have to talk about Jerry Manuel's job security every year and not talk about what trade acquisitions can be made to help benefit this team in the playoffs.

CWSOX45

My god I hope it's true. Kenny Williams can go with him.

Took the words right outta my Mouth..

If Kenny Brings Darryl Boston to Manage this season is over for me.

I think Backman will be the frontrunner for the job, but I still don't see Manuel being fired. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. :cheers

I think Backman will be the frontrunner for the job, but I still don't see Manuel being fired. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. :cheers

I'm not sure Backman and KW are a good combination. Would not be surprised to see Backman stay in Birmingham if KW is still there (meaning KW hires someone else).

Gammons is wrong again. This team has been dead for awhile.

CWSOX45

You guys bust on Gammons for being "biased against the Sox" yet just admitted that he is giving the Sox the benefit of the doubt.

I've never given Gammons credit for anything. He is far inferior to both Tim Kurkjan and Jayson Stark IMO. Those are the two guys I actually listen to, not Gammons.

I missed the first part of Baseball Tonight so I'll have to watch the late night airing at 10:00 MT.

So it took Gammons that long to figure out we were dying? I could have told you we were already dead when the Twins beat our ass a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure Backman and KW are a good combination. Would not be surprised to see Backman stay in Birmingham if KW is still there (meaning KW hires someone else).

Yeah!!! Boston. Kenny is a controling s***head. That's all and Reinsdork is too much of a dolt to realize it

I missed the first part of Baseball Tonight so I'll have to watch the late night airing at 10:00 MT.

Didn't hear Gammons say the Sox were "a dying team." But, he did say he disn't think Manuel will last the rest of the road trip and that it was unfortunate.