2 Dallas vs. 7 Colorado

3 Calgary vs. 6 Anaheim

4 Nashville vs. 5 San Jose

East

1 Ottawa vs. 8 Tampa Bay

2 Carolina vs. 7 Montreal

3 New Jersey vs. 6 New York

4 Buffalo vs. 5 Philadelphia

The only time I can really get into hockey anymore is for the playoffs. Plus there are actually upsets unlike the NBA. I guess I will go with detroit over New Jersey for the cup.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got in to catch the third period of the Ottawa game - actually I came in a few seconds before the scoring started. Brian has mandated that I must be home in time for all Sens games.

I do not know what to expect for the Canes games as the Canadian Killer (Erik Cole) won't be available (thank you Oprick you assmunch). They stumbled pretty bad at the end of the season so I am not as confident as I was a month ago.

Looks like what I was afraid of came true. Gerber is breaking down from a long season and without our Canadian Killer (EC 26), the Canes blew like nothing that has ever blown before (trying to have a sense of humor about this - I guess Burton finishing 9th and the White Sox kicking some arse helps).

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 02:23 AM)
Shots: Car 43, MTL 21

I had my doubts about Gerber in the playoffs...

I didn't until about 2 weeks ago. As immature (in how far he has honed his hockey talent) as Cam is, I would welcome seeing him guarding the net for a game or two.

Man I am PUMPED we went into Dallas and stomped them in game 1.. Hopefully Theodore can get back to form and we can make a deep run this year..

With the key players we lost this year because of the stupid new cap I am pleased with how this season has gone.. the only thing I wish is that it was on TV because there is nothing better than playoff hockey.. I loved watching the Avs when they were on TV, the playoffs are electric

While I'm rooting for the Red Wings, I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton wins this series.

Detroit looks SLOOOOOW compared to the Oilers, and if not for a break or two Edmonton could easily be up 2 games to zip right now.

The Wings are going to need Legace to be huge in Edmonton.

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Man I am PUMPED we went into Dallas and stomped them in game 1.. Hopefully Theodore can get back to form and we can make a deep run this year..

With the key players we lost this year because of the stupid new cap I am pleased with how this season has gone.. the only thing I wish is that it was on TV because there is nothing better than playoff hockey.. I loved watching the Avs when they were on TV, the playoffs are electric

You live in Texas and you root against the only NHL team in the state? You wanker.

;)

Pretty much my vote is ANYONE but Colorado and Detroit.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
Gerber = bad

He has the flu or some stomach thing. He's lost 15 pounds since he got sick. He should never have been in net tonight (or after 3 goals in the first game).

Well last night really sucked sportswise and then I only got about 4 hrs of sleep due to coughing myself awake.

Dallas = f***ing suckturd balls. They SUCK. And with everything I saw in the regular season, I thought they would make a serious run. It's like they forgot EVERYTHING that got them to where they are. I think the 'Hawks would smoke their ass right now.

Brett Hull was on the postgame show in Dallas. His quotes were AWESOME.

(paraphrase)

This the playoffs. Old NHL, new NHL, it doesn't matter. You move the puck FORWARD. You NEVER go back, ESPECIALLY in overtime. One glaring mistake, yet so little, and the puck ends up in your net. They are playing STUPID. They need to eat some fish, because fish is brain food, before they play again Wednesday night, because you can't keep passing backwards at your own blue line and turning the puck over.

HALLEUJAH! SOMEONE GETS IT! I kept screaming that at my tv all night last night.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 07:04 AM)
Dallas = f***ing suckturd balls.  They SUCK.  And with everything I saw in the regular season, I thought they would make a serious run.  It's like they forgot EVERYTHING that got them to where they are.  I think the 'Hawks would smoke their ass right now.

LETS GO AV's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 09:09 AM)
You live in Texas and you root against the only NHL team in the state?  You wanker.

;)

Pretty much my vote is ANYONE but Colorado and Detroit.

Yes, I live in Texas.. but im from Chicago so I am not subject to the home state stuff..

I have liked Colorado since the team moved there

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
Brett Hull was on the postgame show in Dallas.  His quotes were AWESOME.

(paraphrase)

This the playoffs.  Old NHL, new NHL, it doesn't matter.  You move the puck FORWARD.  You NEVER go back, ESPECIALLY in overtime.  One glaring mistake, yet so little, and the puck ends up in your net.  They are playing STUPID.  They need to eat some fish, because fish is brain food, before they play again Wednesday night, because you can't keep passing backwards at your own blue line and turning the puck over.

HALLEUJAH!  SOMEONE GETS IT!  I kept screaming that at my tv all night last night.

Yup, noticed that as well.

I thought Dallas was a machine that would, at worst, make the conference finals. However, they've been brutal thus far. They were only in that game last night because of some lucky bounces. They are just getting worked in all three areas of the ice...i don't get it.

Series isn't over, but they have a tough hill to climb.

Helluva game going on in Edmonton right now. Detroit thought they had it won in the first OT, but the puck actually went under the net, so the goal was waved off.

Oh, and a shameless plug, I encourage you all to jump over to www.talkbhawks.com and talk some hockey. It's a Blackhawk oriented site, but everybody that has signed up so far seems to be willing to talk league-wide hockey, not just focusing on the Hawks. It'd be nice to get a little more chatter over there.