Official NHL Playoffs Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 07:12 AM)
Waaah, Queen.  You need to come play with us anyway at the talkbhawks.com site (and 4hockeyfans, :lol:)

Been surfing both today. talkbhawks.com is a ghost town tonight, but much welcomed after surfing at the Canes site. Freaking Habs fans have taken over them board and we have lost several awesome posters because of those jags and the admins refusing the man up and start using the ban button. It is not a big deal to have the Habs fans there, but the ones that are there are complete and total jackasses. When the Sox were in the playoffs, I never thought of going to an opponents' site to talk s*** before during or after a series. I guess all fans can't be like White Sox fans ;) .

Well, Queen, it's a couple minutes into the third, 1-0 Habs, but Ward has played an extremely good game. Unfortunately, the offense isn't getting nearly enough scoring chances as one would like.

BTW -- these Habs fans are, without a doubt, the loudest fans I've heard so far in the playoffs. They're literally on every play.

That's what I do not understand - where the hell did our offense go?! They were scoring left, right and sideways before heading into the playoffs (even if they were only winning every other game).

I am just so completely bummed right now.

Holy heck a goal for the C - Brindy!

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
Go Oilers, not only would it be great to see the #8 seed win, but it would knock out the Red Wings in the process.

Being a Wings fan, I obviously am not rooting for an Oilers win, but as I mentioned during game 1 of this series, the Oilers seem so much faster than the Red Wings. I know it's because half the Wings' roster is over 50, but I won't be surprised at all if Edmonton knocks them out.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 1, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
Being a Wings fan, I obviously am not rooting for an Oilers win, but as I mentioned during game 1 of this series, the Oilers seem so much faster than the Red Wings. I know it's because half the Wings' roster is over 50, but I won't be surprised at all if Edmonton knocks them out.

Haha, yeah Edmonton has got to win game 6 at home though, no way they win at "The Joe" in game 7. I just am supposed to hate the Wings since i'm a Hawks fan, even though you guys are obviously in a different class than us.

Btw, these hockey playoffs have been great. Regardless of the score, the games are just so much more exciting with a lot more scoring chances. I watched game 5 of Flames/Ducks from Calgary on DVR in the morning yesterday after watching the Sox Saturday night.....very enjoyable to watch.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2006 -> 08:13 AM)
Haha, yeah Edmonton has got to win game 6 at home though, no way they win at "The Joe" in game 7.  I just am supposed to hate the Wings since i'm a Hawks fan, even though you guys are obviously in a different class than us.

Btw, these hockey playoffs have been great.  Regardless of the score, the games are just so much more exciting with a lot more scoring chances.  I watched game 5 of Flames/Ducks from Calgary on DVR in the morning yesterday after watching the Sox Saturday night.....very enjoyable to watch.

I was a HUGE Hawks fan growing up, and I'm a former season-ticket holder at the Stadium. I want them to do well, and I hope for them to do well, I just don't ever expect them to while Worst is their owner.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 1, 2006 -> 09:57 AM)
I was a HUGE Hawks fan growing up, and I'm a former season-ticket holder at the Stadium. I want them to do well, and I hope for them to do well, I just don't ever expect them to while Worst is their owner.

How the hell did you turn into a Wings fan then? I'd think anyone who was a Hawks fan for a long time would never, ever be a Wings fan, regardless of level of sucktitude and Wirtz. It's like a sox fan turning into a cubs fan, perhaps worse...

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 1, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
How the hell did you turn into a Wings fan then? I'd think anyone who was a Hawks fan for a long time would never, ever be a Wings fan, regardless of level of sucktitude and Wirtz.  It's like a sox fan turning into a cubs fan, perhaps worse...

I enjoyed watching them on Saturdays as a kid, long before I knew of any rivalry. My dad wasn't too much of a hockey fan, so no one brainwashed me into hating the Red Wings.

I used to watch Mickey Redmond on the breakaway competition they had between periods on the NBC broadcasts back then.

Plus, I have always LOVED their home uniform - to me, that's the best jersey in hockey, and one of the best in sports.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
Haha, yeah Edmonton has got to win game 6 at home though, no way they win at "The Joe" in game 7.  I just am supposed to hate the Wings since i'm a Hawks fan, even though you guys are obviously in a different class than us.

Sure the Oilers can. They're 2-1 at Detroit so far this series, they can take one up there. It might be more difficult than just finishing it off at Rexall tonight, but Edmonton has played EXTREMELY well at the Joe in this series. Hell, the first game was pretty much a coinflip that Detroit got lucky on.

The trap that Edmonton is running has worked wonders, and Chris Pronger is having a helluva series, offensively and defensively. I see Pronger play, and that's what I want Seabrook to be -- our defensive "rock" (so to speak), the guy who is going to get 25-35 minutes per playoff game.

You're certainly right about the playoff games, though -- they've been great. Much, MUCH better than anything the NBA has to offer (as usual), IMO.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 1, 2006 -> 12:11 PM)
Hawks Red jersey is the best in sports. Detroit's is cool, but it's no Hawks Red.

I always liked the Hawks home white better, because as a kid I never saw it (no home games televised, ya know), so it gained a sort of "mystical quality" to me.

But the Wings' home white is still better.

Yeah, it is.

Is TOO.

Uh-HUH.

WAY.