Official NBA Playoffs Thread

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 15, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
You have to figure the Spurs will win game 5. I can't seem them going out that easy. It will all come down to if Dallas can close them out on their homecourt in game 6. If not, Spurs take it in 7.

It may be just as likely that the Mavs sapped the Spurs in game 4 and the Spurs just won't have any heart left for game 5 no matter where they play as it is that the Spurs will come out and refuse to let the series end quick.

At this point, you've got to just say that the Mavs need to win 1 game out of 3. That's all they have to do. The odds are in their favor. They also can't get lackadasical though.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
Heat going to the ECF. Vince Carter TOOK OVER the game in the final minutes but they couldn't get him the ball on the last play.

I cannot f***ing STAND this Heat team.

Good. I hated that Nets team. The Heat and the Mavs are the two teams I'd be happy to see win it all.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
Good. I hated that Nets team. The Heat and the Mavs are the two teams I'd be happy to see win it all.

Read these last 2 posts as...

My team lost to the Heat, I hate the Heat.

Your team lost to the Nets, you hate the Nets.

:)

The Heat have so many f***ers. I love Shaq, but Posey, Walker, Haslem, and Williams are all :puke.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 16, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
It may be just as likely that the Mavs sapped the Spurs in game 4 and the Spurs just won't have any heart left for game 5 no matter where they play as it is that the Spurs will come out and refuse to let the series end quick.

At this point, you've got to just say that the Mavs need to win 1 game out of 3. That's all they have to do. The odds are in their favor. They also can't get lackadasical though.

I don't see them being sapped as you say. This is a championship quality team with a lot of heart. If anything, I think you'll see an extremely desperate team come game 5. They're doing anything they want on offense. They just can't stop the Mavs. They better figure something out quickly.

Sam Cassell is just clutch, Elton Brand is a beast, damn these NBA playoffs have been good. 2 awesome games last night, 2 awesome games tonight.

The "MVP" Nash with 2 straight turnovers here, well done stud. 03.6 left, Clippers lead 109-108. Clutch Sam Cassell makes them both, 111-108 with 03.6 left. Timeout Suns, Clippers have a foul to give.

Suns can't get it inbounds, timeout called. Tim Thomas, their best 3 point shooter who had 25 tonight (Ugh Pax) has fouled out.

HOLY s***, BELL FOR 3!! TIE GAME WITH 1.1 LEFT?!? OMGWTF!

Marion for the win from 35...JUST SHORT.

DOUBLE OVERTIME. WOW!

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
Sam Cassell is just clutch, Elton Brand is a beast, damn these NBA playoffs have been good. 2 awesome games last night, 2 awesome games tonight.

The "MVP" Nash with 2 straight turnovers here, well done stud. 03.6 left, Clippers lead 109-108. Clutch Sam Cassell makes them both, 111-108 with 03.6 left. Timeout Suns, Clippers have a foul to give.

Suns can't get it inbounds, timeout called. Tim Thomas, their best 3 point shooter who had 25 tonight (Ugh Pax) has fouled out.

HOLY s***, BELL FOR 3!! TIE GAME WITH 1.1 LEFT?!? OMGWTF!

Marion for the win from 35...JUST SHORT.

DOUBLE OVERTIME. WOW!

did you use a sock or tissue :bang

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
tissue, but I dont' need it for an athletic event......other than October 26th, 2005.

:)

thanks for the info, pal..haha

Marion who I see all the time at the North Ave. Best Buy jams his ankle doing a super duper dunarama, dumb move.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
You know, my interest in the NBA is nowhere near what it was 10 years ago or so. But these playoffs have been oustanding so far. And it's only the second-round.

Which makes me worry for a let down later on in the playoffs.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 08:20 AM)
36/20 for Marion. f*** yeah Suns

:headbang

That guy is AMAZING....him and Dirk are the only 2 players in the league right now IMO that can play all 5 positions and play them at least pretty well. Just a couple of amazing talents, and Marion was born in Illinois (Waukegan) so of course, I approve of "The Matrix".

Also I'd like to point out that these NBA Playoffs are an exposing point in the sense that for the NBA haters.....if you can't enjoy watching these playoffs, you are not a basketball fan. These games are amazing to watch and if you are going to hate on them, you clearly just don't like this sport, the end.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
That guy is AMAZING....him and Dirk are the only 2 players in the league right now IMO that can play all 5 positions and play them at least pretty well. Just a couple of amazing talents, and Marion was born in Illinois (Waukegan) so of course, I approve of "The Matrix".

Also I'd like to point out that these NBA Playoffs are an exposing point in the sense that for the NBA haters.....if you can't enjoy watching these playoffs, you are not a basketball fan. These games are amazing to watch and if you are going to hate on them, you clearly just don't like this sport, the end.

Dirk and Matrix cant play all 5 positions....Apparently you never saw Magic Johnson..... thats a person who can play all 5 positions.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
Dirk and Matrix cant play all 5 positions....Apparently you never saw Magic Johnson..... thats a person who can play all 5 positions.

I'm not calling Dirk or Matrix Magic Johnson......not even close. But in today's NBA, those 2 can play any position and be pretty good at it. Just my opinion though from watching all these games.