Official NBA Playoffs Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
Man is the game changing. Mavs and Suns to battle it out to see who goes to the finals? The days of needing dominant bigs and playing elite defense to win titles look just about over.

3 of the 4 teams in the conference finals have very very good centers who are big. The Suns are the only exception. And in terms of offense and defense, 3 of the top 5 teams in offensive efficiency and 3 of the top 5 teams in defensive efficiency (points normalized by length of possession) are in the conference finals.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
Man is the game changing. Mavs and Suns to battle it out to see who goes to the finals? The days of needing dominant bigs and playing elite defense to win titles look just about over.

Now I will be rooting for whichever team comes out of the West. I like Cuban and Dirk and am a big Nash fan. Plus I think the Suns are fun to watch.

On the other hand, Pistons = Bulls rivals and well I'm not a big fan of the Heat (even though I'm a huge Shaq fan).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 23, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
3 of the 4 teams in the conference finals have very very good centers who are big. The Suns are the only exception. And in terms of offense and defense, 3 of the top 5 teams in offensive efficiency and 3 of the top 5 teams in defensive efficiency (points normalized by length of possession) are in the conference finals.

Ben Wallace is a pf playing center. I'll give you Shaq. Dampier? You're kidding, right? The only team left that plays championship d is Detroit. The new rules have totally opened the floodgates to wide-open, fast-break basketball. Dominant or even good bigs are becoming less and less important than they've ever been. How many times would you see Duncan and 4 guards out on the court? Or Dirk and 4 guards? Don't even get me started on the Suns. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. It's just different now.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 23, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
Ben Wallace is a pf playing center. I'll give you Shaq. Dampier? You're kidding, right? The only team left that plays championship d is Detroit. The new rules have totally opened the floodgates to wide-open, fast-break basketball. Dominant or even good bigs are becoming less and less important than they've ever been. How many times would you see Duncan and 4 guards out on the court? Or Dirk and 4 guards? Don't even get me started on the Suns. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. It's just different now.

Yeah I wouldn't say the Mavericks have a dominant center. Dampier thinks he's dominate but he doesn't even start anymore.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 24, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)
I am going to continue to stick with the fact that the Suns aren't very good, unless they win it all at which point I would decide that the entire NBA sucks and the Suns took advantage of it. This team can't continue to do this, I refuse to believe it.

I'm tellin' you, man. The game has changed. This is exactly what David Stern and his posse wanted. All these new sissy rules that cater to offense while crippling the defense. You have to go back to the 80's to find a team that even got to the finals playing the Suns' style.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 24, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)
I'm tellin' you, man. The game has changed. This is exactly what David Stern and his posse wanted. All these new sissy rules that cater to offense while crippling the defense. You have to go back to the 80's to find a team that even got to the finals playing the Suns' style.

Yeah, the game went from too much defense to too much offense. The boys on high that run the show need to find a balance here, it's pretty ridiculous.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 24, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
I am going to continue to stick with the fact that the Suns aren't very good, unless they win it all at which point I would decide that the entire NBA sucks and the Suns took advantage of it. This team can't continue to do this, I refuse to believe it.

Hopefully Steve Nash can keep taking it to his former team and former boss Mark Cuban. We did what we needed in Dallas with a split and hopefully taking 2 from Big D.

Here's to big shot Boris :cheers

Dwyane Wade was 13 of 17 and scored 35 in a mind bogglingly efficient game. But the bigger story is the reason Wade was so open, Shaq had 27 and 12 boards and looked like circa 2000 Shaq as the Heat win by 15. If Shaq shows up like that on Monday, this will be 3-1 heading back to Detroit because the Heat are built for that, if Shaq is dominant they are unbeatable because of all the other players that can help Shaq and Wade out if they are open. Question is, can Shaq be that dominant again in game 4.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 27, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
The very-hot finals should get closer to reality after this weekend when the Heat go up 3-1 on the Pistons.

You should be much more worried about the Suns than the Heat in that case. If the Heat win game 4 at home, I think you will see them next round. I think Suns/Mavs is heading back to Texas 2-2, in which case I don't like the Suns chances, with it in that case being a best of 3 with 2 in Dallas.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 28, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Bulls*** call in the Phoenix/Dallas game and all the ref can say is "my fault". Nice job, assbag

The Suns lost because the game was played below 100, and the Suns s*** defense is exposed in that kind of game. They better figure out a way to speed the pace next game or they will be facing elimination when they return to Dallas.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
The Suns lost because the game was played below 100, and the Suns s*** defense is exposed in that kind of game. They better figure out a way to speed the pace next game or they will be facing elimination when they return to Dallas.

Correct

You know what I think is really going to kill the Suns? It's not Amare being out, it's Kurt Thomas having been out and out of shape since Feb. Back early in the season, the Suns were still playing run & gun, but they were able to do so much much more effectively when they had Thomas in there to occasionally slow down the other team.

When you play as fast as the Suns do, you don't need a stop every time down the court like a team like Detroit, you just need a stop and a rebound some times. Without Kurt Thomas, the only size they had left was that joke named Tim Thomas. They can't outrebound the Mavs, they can't slow them down, and they just can't win while playing someone else's pace.

If they can bring back Amare and Kurt Thomas next year, and Nash can stay healthy, this team could be frighteningly good.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 28, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
I agree btw WHarris1 that it was a bad call...but there are so many bad calls in every NBA game that it evens out anyways IMO.

Ya no doubt, but that just stuck out to me as a stupid move. The Suns coaching staff if furious, telling them you f***ed up is just gonna make things worse.