Official NBA Playoffs Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 awesome signs shown after the game on TNT:

Sign #1: "Pin the tail on the Barkley" with a donkey that has Barkley's face attached

Sign #2: "Suns bend over and take it in the NASH!"

Sign #2 could be the clubhouse leader for "sign of the year" right now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
I don't see Kobe, LeBron, Carmelo, or Dwyane Wade in that picture ;) :P . However seeing a guy who was about the 5th most valuable player in the NBA like that is pretty funny.

I don't agree with him being the 5th most valuable player in the NBA and neither do the voters. But it was funny seeing the league MVP like that. Kobe, Lebron, and Dwayne you could make arguments for but no way Carmello is above Nash if you're saying those 4 are more valuable.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 2, 2006 -> 03:29 AM)
Thank you for the jinx. I know you aren't mad either. :cheers

Boy, no kidding.

I turned it off at the 77-70 point, because it was stupid at that point. Then Dirk went all nuts on them. The local sportscasters are all gaa-gaa over that performance.

So...supposedly, D-Wade is quite under the weather this morning, is dehydrated, and quite ill.

Either this is the best news the Pistons could possibly get...or Wade will really do a Jordan impression and drop 50 on the Pistons tonight, like Mike seemed to every time he got sick.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 3, 2006 -> 11:19 PM)
Wow. How about that? Dallas in the NBA finals. :)

Next up - to see if I can scam some tickets.

Holy f*** they came back!?

That's awesome! :headbang

This is the NBA Finals I wanted, so I'm very happy about that.

Heat and Mavs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
The Suns will never win it all with that style, you have to play at least SOME defense to win it all. Nice to see Detroit go down as well, new blood in the finals with Miami and Dallas and it should be a great series.

I just wish Amare would've been able to play in these playoffs. They Suns played great with all of those injuries. They're going to be very good next year aswell. A lineup of Stoudamire, Diaw, Marion, Bell, and Nash will be sick offensively. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Thomas left, he's going to make a few million more since it's his contract year. Barbosa is going to be a great player aswell.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
I just wish Amare would've been able to play in these playoffs. They Suns played great with all of those injuries. They're going to be very good next year aswell. A lineup of Stoudamire, Diaw, Marion, Bell, and Nash will be sick offensively. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Thomas left, he's going to make a few million more since it's his contract year. Barbosa is going to be a great player aswell.

I still think people underestimate how big of a factor Kurt Thomas was for the Suns early in the year and how much his injury hurt them. Compared to last year, he gave that team the ability to actually get the occasional defensive stop , and even more so, he was a strong rebounding force, both of which allowed the Suns to start off on the break. Losing him really hampered their defensive abilities and their ability to get on track when they were slumping with the jump shot. Before Thomas was hurt, Phoenix was near the top of the league in defensive efficiency (points given up per 100 possessions), after he was hurt, they started getting a lot worse.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
I still think people underestimate how big of a factor Kurt Thomas was for the Suns early in the year and how much his injury hurt them. Compared to last year, he gave that team the ability to actually get the occasional defensive stop , and even more so, he was a strong rebounding force, both of which allowed the Suns to start off on the break. Losing him really hampered their defensive abilities and their ability to get on track when they were slumping with the jump shot. Before Thomas was hurt, Phoenix was near the top of the league in defensive efficiency (points given up per 100 possessions), after he was hurt, they started getting a lot worse.

I was going to mention him but I forgot which one it was, Kurt or Kenny and I was too lazy to look it up, haha.

I will say a healthy Suns roster would be damn good, but I also think it would play a lot better defense. Nash is a pathetic defender and that won't change, but Amare, Diaw, Kurt Thomas, and Bell are all plus defenders IMO. The Suns could win it all next year, but it would be because they can score AND will have guys that can play "D", like we are seeing with the Mavs this year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The Mavs are just insanely deep and versatile. They've got atleast 5 guys who can go off for 20+ points in any given game. Terry was the man in game 1. The Heat have to do a better job of getting the ball inside to Shaq if they're to have a chance in this series. The Mavs are more talented, athletic, and deeper than the Heat. Shaq can be the equalizer, though.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
The Mavs are just insanely deep and versatile. They've got atleast 5 guys who can go off for 20+ points in any given game. Terry was the man in game 1. The Heat have to do a better job of getting the ball inside to Shaq if they're to have a chance in this series. The Mavs are more talented, athletic, and deeper than the Heat. Shaq can be the equalizer, though.

I just love that Dallas team, they are such a joy to watch. They are deep, talented, play two way basketball, and are versatile. They really play the game the right way, and Avery Johnson is a hell of a coach and the GM Donn Nelson has built a hell of a roster for him as well.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Time to bump this thread back up. Game 2 tonight in case anyone forgot.

Mavs have a 1-0 lead.

Wade is gonna have to take less shots if they wanna win which actually seems stupid, but it's true. Heat are 10-1 when Wade takes less than 20 shots.

Even as a Heat fan, I can't help but smile when I think about Riley losing another series, taking Antoine Walker and the gang down with him.

It's tough being a fan of a team when there's on one player (Wade) that you even like on the current roster.