Official NBA Playoffs Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
I'd deem it similiar to saying the Big Ten had a bad basketball year, since they didn't peform well in March.

I've just never been really impressed with them. Half the roster is made up of former stars well past their primes. They're not a very athletic team outside of Wade. They don't have any real shooters aside from Posey. They're erratic defensively. Just makes you wonder about the state of the Eastern conference.

Shaq and Wade were on hot streaks during the playoffs, offensively and defensively, and the Heat play on a completely different level at home, so this series isn't quite over yet. Guys like Posey, Williams, and Antoine Walker have all caught fire at different times in the playoffs, and have been pathetic so far.

On a sidenote, PLEASE stop playing Gary Payton, it's sad how much he has declined over the past few years. He's more like "The Thimble" now.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
Shaq and Wade were on hot streaks during the playoffs, offensively and defensively, and the Heat play on a completely different level at home, so this series isn't quite over yet. Guys like Posey, Williams, and Antoine Walker have all caught fire at different times in the playoffs, and have been pathetic so far.

On a sidenote, PLEASE stop playing Gary Payton, it's sad how much he has declined over the past few years. He's more like "The Thimble" now.

They have to win all 3 in Miami to even have a remote chance. The Mavs are just a horrible match-up for such an old, unathletic team like the Heat.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
I still don't know how the Heat got to the Finals. Is the East that pathetic? Probably.

No, the FLip Saunders is pathetic.......unbelieveably pathetic. Terrible game plans, horrific, lack of in-game adjustments. There's no good reason the Heat are in this, and the Pistons could conceivably have man-handled these Dallas sissies...

The Heat tonight came out hot, leading by 9 at the half. The Mavs in the 3rd played about the best 12 minutes I've seen this postseason, blitzkrieging the Heat to a 34-16 stanza and taking a 9 point lead to the 4th. In fact, the Mavs lead 89-76 with a mere 6 and change left. However, Miami went on a 22-7 run to end the ballgame and won 98-96. The key play in this one was a jumper by Gary Payton with 10 seconds left to put Miami up 2, and then Dirk Nowitzki's missed free throw with 4 seconds left that would have tied it.

After that, Dallas got it back with 1 second left down 2, but Avery Johnson runs one of the worst plays I've ever seen late in a game. With 1 second left, instead of letting your 7 foot tall 3 point marksmen try and win the game and put his team up 3-0 (and essentially, win it all, and they can't block his shot), Dallas eliminates Dirk by having him inbround with only 1 second left, and has him try to throw a LOB OVER D WADE. Needless to say, it didn't work and Miami wins. Dallas can still pretty much put this thing to bed with a win in game 4, however they CHOKED away a chance to go up 3-0 and knockout the Heat tonight, and the next 2 are still in Miami, so you never know, this may become a series.

Some may say the Heat made a great comeback, and I do give them credit for showing heart and not giving up (and D Wade scored 43 and had 12 boards, hot damn)....but as a wise man once said, "behind every great sports comeback is an even greater choke job".

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
the Mavs just gift-wrapped that game to em. Great coaching Avery.. ;)

Oh man, that play at the end of the game was straight out of the Lute Olsen school of late game play calling. You have a 7 foot tall guy that can rain 3's, and if he does it there you are up 3-0 and basically win the trophy. So what do you do?? You have Dirk INBOUND where he has no time to get it back, AND you try to throw a 30 foot lob pass over Dwyane Wade?? Unreal, I think Avery is a great coach but that was HORRENDOUS.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 06:20 AM)
Oh man, that play at the end of the game was straight out of the Lute Olsen school of late game play calling. You have a 7 foot tall guy that can rain 3's, and if he does it there you are up 3-0 and basically win the trophy. So what do you do?? You have Dirk INBOUND where he has no time to get it back, AND you try to throw a 30 foot lob pass over Dwyane Wade?? Unreal, I think Avery is a great coach but that was HORRENDOUS.

Spot on. That was a horrible play drawn up.

But the game didn't come down to the last play. It was lost about two minutes before this.

You NEVER let up, and Dallas just did. Now it will be iteresting to see how they respond in game 4.

The Heat DESTROY the Mavs in game 4, and all of a sudden the Mavs face the grim prospect of 2 straight must win elimination games (although at home, but still), if they can't get their s*** together and win game 5 in a very hostile enviornment. Amazingly, Miami has won 2 in a row and taken all the momentum, the end of game 3 could have been a history changing moment.

The Heat will probably win the next game and the Mavs will finish them off with 2 at their home court. I hope I'm wrong cause I want to see Dallas steal one in Miami, (esp. since I have a bet already with Mavs in 6.. :lol:) but sadly.. I believe this is how it's gonna happen.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
The Heat will probably win the next game and the Mavs will finish them off with 2 at their home court. I hope I'm wrong cause I want to see Dallas steal one in Miami, (esp. since I have a bet already with Mavs in 6.. :lol:) but sadly.. I believe this is how it's gonna happen.

If Dallas heads home with 3 straight losses on their heads, I'm not betting on them to just suddenly play well again and win 2 straight at home. Dallas is clearly the better team here, but that might not matter.

Okay haven't watched any of these games since I don't watch basketball, but I do see the SportsCenter coverage after the games in the empty arenas.

One thing has been bugging me, what is that white s*** on all the seats in Miami. It's too sporatic to be what the seat designs are. It's something trivial but it bothers me to not know what's going on.

Can someone help a brotha out here?

QUOTE(Cali @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
Okay haven't watched any of these games since I don't watch basketball, but I do see the SportsCenter coverage after the games in the empty arenas.

One thing has been bugging me, what is that white s*** on all the seats in Miami. It's too sporatic to be what the seat designs are. It's something trivial but it bothers me to not know what's going on.

Can someone help a brotha out here?

I have a good friend that lives down there, so I'll help. The Heat are doing a "White Out" promotion for these playoffs, where everybody wears white to the games, everybody has like white pom poms, the cheerleaders have white outfits, the uniforms are white obviously, and even the seats are covered with a white covering. It looks great on T.V. and the Heat are 10-1 at home these playoffs, so the home court advantage is helping. As for the seats....I went to a game down there last season, and the seats are a mix of shades or orange and red (heat, fire, obviously the idea), so that's most of the seats you see, but there are still a few sporadic white seats since I assume most (but not all) fans take the seat covers home as souveneirs after the games end.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
And the Heat have gone out and made me look like a clown again. I didn't think they had a prayer after game 2. I think the winner of game 5 takes the series. Wade is a good player.

I think the winner of game 6 will take the series personally (especially if the Heat win game 5). In all seriousness, right now the 2 teams have diverged so wildly in their performances between home and road games that I'm just not convinced that even if the Heat go in with a 3-2 lead, they'll be able to pull out a game in Dallas, and I really doubt they'll be able to pull out a game 7.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
I think the winner of game 6 will take the series personally (especially if the Heat win game 5). In all seriousness, right now the 2 teams have diverged so wildly in their performances between home and road games that I'm just not convinced that even if the Heat go in with a 3-2 lead, they'll be able to pull out a game in Dallas, and I really doubt they'll be able to pull out a game 7.

Good point. I still can't see the Heat winning all 3 middle games -- especially since it's never happened in the history of the finals. I'll just say if the Mavs win game 5, it's over.