Official NBA Playoffs Thread

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The neat thing about the Phoenix-Clippers series is that I can find myself pulling for either team. I liked the Nash pickup way back for Phoenix, and I pulled for them hard last series cause I hate the Lakers. The Clips are just a bit of a feel good story, even if they depend on a guy that looks like an alien and another guy with a MegaMullet.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 15, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
Why is that?

Because there was nothing malicious about the foul, nothing different than any foul breaking up a fastbreak layup. You cannot decide a huge playoff game because a foul on a layup was a little hard. But you will not admit that, it's your job to argue with me over nothing.

Anyway...f*** THAT s***...CAVS BALL UP 1. 2.3 LEFT

CAVS WIN w0000000000t

NOW GO MAVS

Edited by WHarris1

:lol: :lol: at Rasheed, what a dumbass. Better win game 5 big talker, else your in a big steaming pile of s***. We got a series on our hands.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 15, 2006 -> 08:26 AM)
They're like 4-0 when he makes those guarantees.

Not anymore, acting like an arrogant ass finally caught up with him.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 01:46 AM)
Because there was nothing malicious about the foul, nothing different than any foul breaking up a fastbreak layup. You cannot decide a huge playoff game because a foul on a layup was a little hard. But you will not admit that, it's your job to argue with me over nothing.

Anyway...f*** THAT s***...CAVS BALL UP 1. 2.3 LEFT

CAVS WIN w0000000000t

NOW GO MAVS

Argue with you over nothing? Unlike you im not really rooting for either team. But to me the right call was made. The player didnt even touch the ball just basicly jumped into the player. Thats a flagrant. If it was in the last minute or less than that maybe I would just call it a regular foul but still had time left.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 14, 2006 -> 05:55 PM)
I'd be shocked if the Heat won more than one game against the Pistons.

So the Cavs are better than the Heat? I don't agree, and we still aren't sure who the Heat will be playing yet.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 15, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
3-13 shooting with 3 turnovers

CLUTCH SHEED, CLUTCH!

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 15, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Argue with you over nothing? Unlike you im not really rooting for either team. But to me the right call was made. The player didnt even touch the ball just basicly jumped into the player. Thats a flagrant. If it was in the last minute or less than that maybe I would just call it a regular foul but still had time left.

Last minute or last 3 minutes, it's still a game changing type call.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 16, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
Last minute or last 3 minutes, it's still a game changing type call.

Yes but it was the right call. Im leaving it at that too. And I have no clue what you meant with the arguing crap i barely ever respond to your posts anymore. Not much to argue you with since Curry been gone.

That flagrant call was stupid seeing as Snow was actually going for the ball. The contact was exaggerated by the fact that both were going full speed at the point of contact, but Snow was going for the ball and in reality didn't hit him any harder than you'll see on a typical foul. That call was an embarassment, however fortunately it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2006 -> 01:55 AM)
That flagrant call was stupid seeing as Snow was actually going for the ball. The contact was exaggerated by the fact that both were going full speed at the point of contact, but Snow was going for the ball and in reality didn't hit him any harder than you'll see on a typical foul. That call was an embarassment, however fortunately it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Lets not over-exagerate things..... You could argue if it was the right call but saying that is just dumb. And thats fine if you think he was going for the ball but the fact is he didnt get close to touching the ball.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 16, 2006 -> 05:28 AM)
Dallas

Most of soxtalk was positive the spurs were winning the championship this year.

Ive been rooting for Dallas.... partly because my friend is a huge mavericks fan. Spurs havent impressed me much so far in the playoffs.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 16, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
I suppose I'll be crazy and say the Spurs will win the series. I'm losing hope though. Their defense is terrible.

You have to figure the Spurs will win game 5. I can't seem them going out that easy. It will all come down to if Dallas can close them out on their homecourt in game 6. If not, Spurs take it in 7.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 16, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
Dallas

Most of soxtalk was positive the spurs were winning the championship this year.

Not me, I picked the Mavs to win it all :).

I've never seen the Spurs look so lost defensively. They have no answers for the Mavs' guards. Terry and Harris are getting to the basket at will.

The Spurs defense is (and always has) been built on shot blocking and bigs on defense, but the Mavs have so many guys that are too athletic for that style, so the Spurs are forced to play the Mavs uptempo style and this is what happens as a result. This roster the Mavs have is built to beat the Spurs, and Avery Johnson is doing a great job as coach.