Official NBA Playoffs Thread

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
I have to agree with you here. If there is a Game 7, the Mavericks definately have a shot at winning it, but I also think it'll favor the Spurs. I'm going to basically call this Game 6 a must win for both teams. Obviously it's a must win for the Spurs, but I'm saying it for the Mavericks aswell because they won't want to go back to San Antonio to face a surging Spurs team for Game 7.

Exactly, if there were to be a game 7 it would mean the Spurs carried momentum from winning 2 straight and are playing in a building they seldom lose in. The Mavs really realy need game 6.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 17, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
Yeah Dallas really wants to have a game 7 against a team that is 34-7 at home on the year...

GMAB, if this series goes 7, SA has the upperhand. SA has lost a whole 18 games in that building in 3 years.

I'm not saying Dallas WANTS it to go 7....but you act like they'd have no shot if it did. Just remember, in the 3 games at SA so far, Dallas has a 20 point win and 2 losses where they missed a decent look to win the game as time expired.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:34 AM)
I bet you weren't thinking this 3 games ago, haha.

After game 1 I wasn't, but after the Cavs nearly rallied to win game 2 I had a funny feeling this series would get interesting. However, I was shocked the Cavs won a game at Detroit, that was why I didn't "have the balls" to pick the Cavs, I didn't think Detroit would lose at home.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:41 AM)
After game 1 I wasn't, but after the Cavs nearly rallied to win game 2 I had a funny feeling this series would get interesting. However, I was shocked the Cavs won a game at Detroit, that was why I didn't "have the balls" to pick the Cavs, I didn't think Detroit would lose at home.

haha well you're still up on me. I'm still thinking Detroit is going to win the series.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
haha well you're still up on me. I'm still thinking Detroit is going to win the series.

LeBron at home makes me think Cleveland will win, plus they might have Larry Hughes back. However it's a must win, this is their big chance, because NO WAY they can go win game 7 at Detroit.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
LeBron at home makes me think Cleveland will win, plus they might have Larry Hughes back. However it's a must win, this is their big chance, because NO WAY they can go win game 7 at Detroit.

The playoffs have been fantastic so far. I'm afraid there will be a let down after this round. Who knows though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 18, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)

Winning that last game is always the most difficult -- especially for a young, inexperienced team like the Cavs. I'd be very surprised if they're able to do it.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 18, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Winning that last game is always the most difficult -- especially for a young, inexperienced team like the Cavs. I'd be very surprised if they're able to do it.

All they need to do is pump a heavy dose of Drew Gooden. In all honesty, this has to be Lebron's game to just own. I just hope they dont rely on him too much, ala Kobe Bryant against the Suns

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 18, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
Wow...WTF

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006...tory?id=2450020

That's pretty damn weak. Big blow to the Mavs.

Somebody must be praying for the Spurs. Terry has been pissin' on the them this entire series. HUGE loss. I definitely see this going 7 games now.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 18, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
I didn't remember a punch getting thrown. Pretty inconsistant if you ask me. If the league should do something, just give him a fine. There has been far worse that hasn't gotten anything in the playoffs.

I don't remember, either. I'm assuming it must've been pretty blatant. I just hate to see a series potentially decided on a suspension -- even if he deserved it.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 18, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
I don't remember, either. I'm assuming it must've been pretty blatant. I just hate to see a series potentially decided on a suspension -- even if he deserved it.

The only thing I remember was after a little scrum on the ground Finley got up signaling "HE PUNCHED ME"

I couldn't believe Terry wasn't T'd up and/or kicked out at the time. During the scrum after jump ball 1 late in the game, he definitely punched Finley and Finley nearly went off, saying "HE PUNCHED ME!" twice before being restrained by teammates. This was the correct move, Terry is an idiot, and damn it sucks for the Mavs.