Boone Logan...

ThinWhiteDuque

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we never see this lousy minor league pitcher again.

He has no business pitching for a World Champ.

It was fun while it lasted, but you better remember this time in the majors because you're certainly not coming back, Logan.

God, can we please end the f***ing Hindenburgh that is the Boone Logan experiment? This has to be the biggest, most easily foreseeable blunder ever.

Well maybe not that bad, but close.

I've been saying this since opening day: 1) Spring training is mostly meaningless, and 2) It's not a good idea to promote "A" pitchers to the big leagues.

It'll take Logan some time, but I really liked how the kid's pitches looked last night. He's not there yet, and he's not going to get there if we drop him to AAA

No, you're wrong. They ONLY way he will get is it in AAA. He is not ready for this right now--no pitcher that has never pitched above A ball is.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
Thing is, you can't blame Boone Logan for this. It's like Microsoft hiring a second year business school undergrad, with a history of "B" grades, and asking them to head up the marketing division.

This is actually a very good point.

Can we give up on Boone Logan for now. It was a nice little story but now it is f***ing embarassing to be gettting our asses kicked by the D-Rays. s*** this is only going to get worse another guillen pet comes in. Feels like Friday's game and it carried over for two days of bad baseball.

very well may be some of the worst defense a pitcher can exhibit. if you are not pitching great you damn well better at least field your position ably.

a ticket to somewhere should be waiting for him in the clubhouse.

Ok...yeah...it's time for Logan to head down, face some AAA hitters, maybe get some confidence, and practice throwing strikes. Hopefully we can see a better version in a year. I like his delivery and his stuff, but he needs to build some experience if nothing else.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Ok...yeah...it's time for Logan to head down, face some AAA hitters, maybe get some confidence, and practice throwing strikes. Hopefully we can see a better version in a year. I like his delivery and his stuff, but he needs to build some experience if nothing else.

Personally I'd prefer to never see Logan again.

It's Javier Lopez time, baby.

The Knights have 6 guys with a sub-.200 BAA against lefties.

Paulino Reynoso .063

Agustin Montero .107

Heath Phillips .121

Sean Tracey .148

Javier Lopez .158

Chad Bentz .167

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 16, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
Personally I'd prefer to never see Logan again.

I disagree. I actually like what I saw from the kid. Sneaky delivery, average fastball, but it comes onto you faster than it looks like it should. But he's a rookie pitcher who's never pitched above A ball, and he pitched like it. I mean, today he threw 40 pitches and 20 strikes. That's the hallmark of a guy who's scared of being beaten, and is trying to throw the perfect pitch every single time out.

He needs to face some AAA hitters, get some confidence, focus on throwing strikes, and try to get to that point where he thinks "here it is, hit it if you can." He gets his wits about him and he could still very well be a solid pitcher. Just not right now.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:17 AM)
I think thats a little harsh Alex. In 06, yes, we should never see him again. However I think Boone could have a decent future in the MLB, but now clearly isnt the time.

I said it in the game thread, and I still stand by it. I really dont hold any grudges toward Boone. He pitched better than anyone could have expected in Spring, but he still should have never had a chance to make the club. Its not his fault the back end of the pen was s***.

i would tend to agree with this. the fact that he stood out there on the mound like a spectator tells me he was clearly overwhelmed by the situation. he has some potential, but clearly now is not the time.

so, who's next? doubtful nelson's ready any time soon, so are we just going to get boone deux?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:25 AM)
Right now, with Count on the DL, and Nelson not ready, send down Boone and Agustin, call up Javier and Sean.

i agree about boone going down to AAA and javy coming up with the big club... but im sorry, sean tracy needs more time to work on his walks.... i mean, come on... agustin looked good today.... we need to give him more time with the team to see if he can contribute for the next month while nelson is getting his strength back.... agustin up for the mean time also gives management more time to see how he will fare against big leauge pitching.... his stuff is not nearly as good as tracy's but he seems to have more control right now.