Boone Logan...

ThinWhiteDuque

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hi8is @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
i agree about boone going down to AAA and javy coming up with the big club... but im sorry, sean tracy needs more time to work on his walks.... i mean, come on... agustin looked good today.... we need to give him more time with the team to see if he can contribute for the next month while nelson is getting his strength back.... agustin up for the mean time also gives management more time to see how he will fare against big leauge pitching.... his stuff is not nearly as good as tracy's but he seems to have more control right now.

Montero has absolutely no value to our club. He's a guy we picked up as roster filler for Charlotte. Tracey has cut down on his walks lately and has value as a long guy.

QUOTE(hi8is @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
i agree about boone going down to AAA and javy coming up with the big club... but im sorry, sean tracy needs more time to work on his walks.... i mean, come on... agustin looked good today.... we need to give him more time with the team to see if he can contribute for the next month while nelson is getting his strength back.... agustin up for the mean time also gives management more time to see how he will fare against big leauge pitching.... his stuff is not nearly as good as tracy's but he seems to have more control right now.

He needs to go down to AA. When you dont know how to cover 1st on balls hit to the right side. You dont know how to bail on a ball hit towards the 3rd base foul line. You need to work on fundamentals.

He hasnt been above class A. He still needs instruction. AAA is where about major league ready players simmer.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
It's Javier Lopez time, baby.

The Knights have 6 guys with a sub-.200 BAA against lefties.

Paulino Reynoso .063

Agustin Montero .107

Heath Phillips .121

Sean Tracey .148

Javier Lopez .158

Chad Bentz .167

Sounds good to me. Boone gets an A for effort, I guess. He simply hasn't been able to throw strikes. It's a shame, too, when you consider that's all he was throwing in the spring. It's time to get Lopez up here.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
I disagree. I actually like what I saw from the kid. Sneaky delivery, average fastball, but it comes onto you faster than it looks like it should. But he's a rookie pitcher who's never pitched above A ball, and he pitched like it. I mean, today he threw 40 pitches and 20 strikes. That's the hallmark of a guy who's scared of being beaten, and is trying to throw the perfect pitch every single time out.

He needs to face some AAA hitters, get some confidence, focus on throwing strikes, and try to get to that point where he thinks "here it is, hit it if you can." He gets his wits about him and he could still very well be a solid pitcher. Just not right now.

Good points. I'm also with the thinking that Boone can be a good pitcher in the future. It was just too damn unrealistic to think he could hang right now. Although it was a cute little story while it lasted.

Basically, here's what needs to happen.

Send down Boone and Agustin now. Call up Lopez and Tracey.

Tracey would only be up til Saturday or whenever Count comes off. He gives us a long guy we won't have since BMac and Montero will likely be burnt out.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 17, 2006 -> 02:47 AM)
And this is why I cant stay mad at him. Its not his fault he has never been above A. I love Kenny and Co.(this includes Oz) but its a shame we needed Boone Logan to pitch innings in 06.

This is exactly what has frustrated me. We spent 100 million dollars on this team, but we totally neglected the last part of our bullpen. With the way that Ozzie likes to play match-ups, you can't have a minor league pitcher facing major league hitters.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)

Tracey would only be up til Saturday or whenever Count comes off. He gives us a long guy we won't have since BMac and Montero will likely be burnt out.

Montero has some history with Ozzie. I dont think he gets sent down. Dont get me wrong, I think we should send him down like yesterday.

Rongy is talking about how Montero did a good job on the post game show.

Edited by southsideirish71

Here's a Logan related question, and something that boggled my mind....why was Logan allowed to stay in the game when it was 3-1, and the bases were loaded with Gomes up? It was obvious that Logan was rattled on the mound. I don't think Ozzie managed Logan very well tonight.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)

Who cares if he is burnt out if we send him down?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
Montero has some history with Ozzie. I dont think he gets sent down. Dont get me wrong, I think we should send him down like yesterday.

Some people have said that but I think someone (Cheat?) has said that that's not true....

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Some people have said that but I think someone (Cheat?) has said that that's not true....

Well, if you check the history of Montero and Ozzie there's really no connection, they never really met up at any one place. If they do know eachother it's from off the field.

Guest JimH
Well, if you check the history of Montero and Ozzie there's really no connection, they never really met up at any one place. If they do know eachother it's from off the field.

It's from off the field.

The issue with Tracey is that he regained his control at Charlotte only when he went back into the rotation. Out of the bullpen, he couldn't find the plate. Maybe they'll bring him up, but my guess is that Sean Tracey is trade bait at the deadline.

I didn't see much of the game when Montero pitched (was in and out of the room), but it sure didn't look like he got much defense played behind him, and I did see that he was throwing in the low to mid 90's. What's the problem with him?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Here's a Logan related question, and something that boggled my mind....why was Logan allowed to stay in the game when it was 3-1, and the bases were loaded with Gomes up? It was obvious that Logan was rattled on the mound. I don't think Ozzie managed Logan very well tonight.

I think we will see Logan sent down because he coudln't handle this very situation. Ozzie has handled Logan with baby gloves thus far and wanted to see what Logan could do. He proved he wasn't ready for the big times and I think we'll see some adjustments made where we replace him. Of course I don't think Montero will be the guy replacing him.

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ May 16, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
The issue with Tracey is that he regained his control at Charlotte only when he went back into the rotation. Out of the bullpen, he couldn't find the plate. Maybe they'll bring him up, but my guess is that Sean Tracey is trade bait at the deadline.

I didn't see much of the game when Montero pitched (was in and out of the room), but it sure didn't look like he got much defense played behind him, and I did see that he was throwing in the low to mid 90's. What's the problem with him?

I'd like to think Tracey needed to get stretched out and lose and because of that he's now found his groove out of the rotation. However, now that he's gotten some confidence I do think he could positively adjust to the pen and help out the Sox in the long term.

I don't know if he'd be stellar out of the gate, but I know the talent is there and if Ozzie is patient and careful, we could see him develop into a pretty solid major league reliever.

Guest JimH

Good point on Sean Tracey. As for Augustin Montero, I like his arm, would like to see more. The Vizcaino role is wide open, it is tough to pull off a trade right now. Maybe they'll give him more opportunities. I thought he pitched ok tonite.

To those of you who think "We need to give him more time", what has he proven so far? Nothing. It's his job to come in one or two innings and shut the other team down. We can't just keep saying "It's too early". When he doesnt do his job, that is, the aforementioned, then he is completely useless. Throw some damn strikes. You can't walk guys and expect to have a great outing. Thats just stupid. I'm sick and tired of Ozzie experimenting with this guy. I'm also sick of this whole lefty/lefty BS. Why do we need so many lefties anyway? Are we keeping them for the sole purpose that they are lefties? If righties are getting BOTH hitters out, where's the logic? Please Ozzie, KW, bring up someone who has PROVEN to be effective and not just s*** his pants in every outing. And one more thing. I really hate tossing away "useless" games like this. Yeah ozzie, they don't matter now, but soon they might, and we'll be f***ED if you keep making decisions that lose "useless" games. Maybe i am getting a little pissed about this, but if Logan would just use common sense and realize that this isnt the little leagues anymore, mabye we would win a few more games and not just throw small ones away.

Edited by TheDudeAbides