Boone Logan...

ThinWhiteDuque

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
I'm just wondering if we still even need three lefties. Thornton has barely pitched and I just wonder if we would be better off with another righty than Logan.

SSH you are 100% right. We DO NOT need another lefty in the pen. As much as I was rooting for/praying for Logan to succeed, it just has not happened.

Its time for the experiment to end. Send him down, let him build up his confidence against lesser competition and get back to him then. C'mon guys, he messed up two plays during his outing (one by not covering first, two by fielding a chopper any normal pitcher would have backed off of).

I was all for him being here after ST, but he is proving that he cannot cut it right now. Figure something out, and let him go learn some more.

For right now, he is a liability and a roster spot, thats all.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
In hindsight...I think tonights outing has spelled an end to Logan. We will see Count back for Montero and than Nelson will be called up. In fact, if the Sox think he's ready, Nelson may be up even sooner than we think.

Count for Montero is obvious of course, but the Nelson being up sooner than we think line....is that an educated guess or do you know something that we don't? :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 16, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Count for Montero is obvious of course, but the Nelson being up sooner than we think line....is that an educated guess or do you know something that we don't? :cheers :cheers

Educated guess that makes some sense.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
Relax guys. The only reason Logan failed last night is because he hasn't logged enough high-leverage innings yet. Ozzie's just seeing what the kid can do. We're going to need him for the playoffs, especially the World Series.

god i hope that is sarcasm.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Of course... But that's how people were rationalizing the decision to allow him to pitch to Travis Hafner in the 8th inning of a 1-run game. It seems absurd to even think that he'd be in that situation now.

I thought you lost your mind, good. Boone was a cute story but, his Brian Fuentes delivery minus the results absolutely suck. He is not only physically bad, but is a mental dumbass. Those plays were f***in absurd tonight.

It's time to ship him where he belongs, the minors.

He's too young right now to help a big league ballclub consistently.

Too bad he had such a good spring. He should never have made

the parent club at such a young age.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
No, thats not true at all. Boone has a wonderful spring, but should have been rewarded by going to AA, or maybe even AAA. I hate sounding like Flash or Fathom here, but its really frustrating when a team has a 100 million dollar payroll, and basically the one thieng keeping this team from being unstoppable is the mop up guys.

I know its nearly impossible to have a perfect team, hell, it is impossible. But this team is damn near close, and its soooo frustrating to see the lack of arms in the pen hold us back.

smart post, KW needs to get us one or two arms.

Politte, Cotts and Jenks are fine.

Thornton has his days and is nasty when on. Bmac is way out of position, how about putting garland in the pen, haha

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 17, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
Of course... But that's how people were rationalizing the decision to allow him to pitch to Travis Hafner in the 8th inning of a 1-run game. It seems absurd to even think that he'd be in that situation now.

And how would we know that unless he had been put in those situations?

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
It seems a bit naive to think a kid can handle the big leagues with just 5 (bad) innings above Rookie ball. No?

Maybe, but he's on the team. Is Ozzie supposed to hide the kid for 162 games? He was gonna have to be tested in a situation like that at some point.