Boone Logan...

ThinWhiteDuque

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 17, 2006 -> 01:20 AM)
Maybe, but he's on the team. Is Ozzie supposed to hide the kid for 162 games? He was gonna have to be tested in a situation like that at some point.

The problem is that he is on the team, and its nearly impossible to "hide" guys for 40 games, unless their name is Ross Gload, let alone 162. If you're a pitcher on a major league roster, you're going to pitch. There is not question Logan earned a spot on the roster this spring, but that was because of the ridiculous competition with all the other minor league signees who were so unimpressive they took Logan out of minor league camp. You increase payroll over $20 million, trade 2 guys who made a ton of appearances in the bullpen in Vizciano and Marte, and don't sign or trade for a reliable reliever. That, to me, and I said it at the time, made no sense. As was astutely mentioned earlier in this thread, its not Logan's fault he's on the team, and in way over his head. It was a nice story in spring training, but you just knew he would struggle when the games counted. I'm still not sure about his talent, he has had a couple of moments of brilliance, but anyone with his lack of experience will most likely struggle. This is a World Champion team, its pathetic we are now pining for Javier Lopez, he of the 6.09 career ERA Lopez's, or Jeff Nelson, who evidently no other team wanted after he was released in spring training. KW needs to correct his offseason mistake. If the bullpen gets straightened out, this could be the best White Sox team of all-time.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 16, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
In hindsight...I think tonights outing has spelled an end to Logan. We will see Count back for Montero and than Nelson will be called up. In fact, if the Sox think he's ready, Nelson may be up even sooner than we think.

I rather bring Count up for Logan.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 17, 2006 -> 03:27 AM)
Jaiver Lopez, come on down.

We were told in ST by those who said Logan would be good for the pen, because "he threw strikes".

Well so much for that logic.

^^^^^^^ Logan and Mitsubishi Montero down, count and Lopez back in.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)
There's a Sun-Times article today that says Ozzie's not sending Logan down.

Wow. I'm perplexed. The guy looked like a deer in headlights in a cavernous empty stadium against a very bad team. Can't wait to see him pitch at Yankee stadium with 45K people screaming at him.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 18, 2006 -> 09:39 AM)
Wow. I'm perplexed. The guy looked like a deer in headlights in a cavernous empty stadium against a very bad team. Can't wait to see him pitch at Yankee stadium with 45K people screaming at him.

Here's the Link