Freddy Garcia's English

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
Yo no tengo la menor idea lo que usted tipos dicen y tuve que utilizar a un traductor en línea para decir esto.

;)

Since we are not typing english here.

Cén fáth nach dtuigeann tú?

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)

Since we are not typing english here.

Cén fáth nach dtuigeann tú?

lol, i have no idea what anyone is saying. Thats pretty much what my sentence says, I used a English - Spanish translating program on some website.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
I just corrected someone who's fluent in Spanish :P

I think you might mean borracho (drunk) for that first one, unless there's another word that I don't know for drunk.

And for the second one, I think you have to use the subjunctive.

I'm a jerk.

I speak it pretty well and can understand everything except certain accents, but my writing absolutely blows.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:10 AM)
A veces, como cuando estoy barrata--puedo hablar bastante bien.  Por supuesto, no hay muchos tiempos a practicar en el norte de Michigan donde yo vivo.  Me olvide mucho cada dia.  Necesito ir a un pais donde le gente decir espanol para a mez.

Uhhh... burrito supreme.

I've worked with a number of Asian and Indian students over the years and fully appreciate how difficult it sometimes is to be a non-native English speaker here. I always feel bad when I have to ask them to repeat themselves two or three times. I can't imagine what it feels like to be in that situation in front of a camera. No wonder Freddy hurries through interviews.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
The other night when he had two HRs, I heard Uribe speaking to the press for the first time EVER.  Sure, he has a heavy accent, but it's no worse than a lot of other ball players.  He should let us get to know him a little bit.

He has one of the softest voices I've ever heard from a guy his size.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Umm, and what's the story behind that?

we were outside and this guy asked my friend for lighter and started talking to him saying he was Freddy Garcias uncle and thety were in to see Garcia pitch, he was also pitching agianst one of his friends. His uncle said he wasnt sure how to get in becuase he got seperated from the group or something. Than just said goodbye and left with my friends lighter.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
we were outside and this guy asked my friend for  lighter and started talking to him saying he was Freddy Garcias uncle and thety were in to see Garcia pitch, he was also pitching agianst one of his friends.  His uncle said he wasnt sure how to get in becuase he got seperated from the group or something.  Than just said goodbye and left with my friends lighter.

Wow.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
we were outside and this guy asked my friend for  lighter and started talking to him saying he was Freddy Garcias uncle and thety were in to see Garcia pitch, he was also pitching agianst one of his friends.  His uncle said he wasnt sure how to get in becuase he got seperated from the group or something.  Than just said goodbye and left with my friends lighter.

Note to self...start referring to self as Jose Contreras's uncle instead of Garcia's uncle...they're on to me and my lighter stealing plans.