some thoughts on my first sox game this season

GoRowand33

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chisoxdavid @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 01:15 AM)
I have no problem with people wearing their Cubs hats or Jerseys to a Sox game but when they start to talk trash I just wanna :fight . Just shut the hell up and watch the Champs. Oh and as for the wave, I have participated in them when we are gettin blown out, but as long as we are in it I dont really pay attention to fans tryin to start one.

I have season tickets to the Packers games, and the wave is one of the best things to witness in the magnificient stadium that is Lambeau Field. What usually happens is the lower bowl goes one direction, and the upper one goes the other way. Definately a must see.

The record for times around the stadium is 15, atleast at a game I've been to.

Those are traditions for morons.

Well I guess the majority of fans at the Cell are "Morons", cause more and more balls are being thrown back, and the wave happens regularly.

And to the guy that mentioned cell phones. I agree with you it can be annoying, when our group talks on our cell phones or text people during the game, its always brief- we are just finding out where the party is gonna take us.

You guys/girls are gonna have to open your minds a little, the White Sox fan base has probably grown 10-fold over the last year- and with this growth changes are occuring. Changes, IMO, that are good and are needed. We are still a rough and rowdy group- haha today my buddy Jimmy got thrown out cause some guy said something to him about smoking in the bathroom while wearing a Cubs jersey! Dont worry with pure Sox pride he beat down that moron.

Just wait, in the next few years Bridgeport will become much like Wrigley. New lofts are going in down the street, more "Wrigley" style bars are coming. I predict within 10 years the Cell will have the same atmosphere as Wrigley- with a better product taking the field. Its exciting, better get on the train cause its leaving with or without you!

I have nothing against the wave (but then again, I put ketchup on my hot dogs, so I must be the devil :P), but throwing the ball back is just stupid. Keep it or give the ball to a kid and make his day, don't throw it back onto the field like an idiot.

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
I love how people say the fans are annoying, bandwagoners, ect.  Ive had season tickets for 3 years and to be honest the games are even better now.  Even on weekday nights we are drawing decent amounts of people.  Im glad people are showing up to support us.  I love going to games with my boyz and being rowdy, and its even better with more people at the park.  We run that place.

Who cares if someone wants to throw a ball back after someone from the other team hits a homer.  They caught the ball they can do what they want with it.  It isnt just a "cubs" thing. 

Here is a picture of me and my boyz after Friday nights win at Jimbos

goombagroup4qx1wm.jpg

Are you sure that ain't a picture of you and your boyz partying hard after the Gay Pride Parade?

You ain't even out of high school yet and you've had season tickets for three years? Is that you in the pink shirt?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
Are you sure that ain't a picture of you and your boyz partying hard after the Gay Pride Parade?

You ain't even out of high school yet and you've had season tickets for three years?  Is that you in the pink shirt?

Which pink shirt? I see two of them. :P

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
Its exciting, better get on the train cause its leaving with or without you!

I was on the train when it was pulled by horses.

I was at a game about (jeez) 10 years ago with a buddy who caught a foul ball in the 3rd inning. It was actually a hell of a grab. We goated him until he gave it to a kid sitting in front of us. There was about a 2 hour rain delay and everyone left. We stayed. When play resumed, he caught a second ball. Again, we gave him grief until he gave it to another kid.

Our plan was to deny it ever happen and ruin the guys story but it happened to be an ESPN game of the week and he was shown on TV catching the first ball. They came back to the shot and now the kid in front of us had the ball and the announcers said something about it. Something along the lines of what a nice thing to do. Well, enough people saw it to make denying the story fruitless. Still, give the ball to a kid. Make another life long Sox fan. It is your job to stop them from becoming Cubs fans.

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
I love how people say the fans are annoying, bandwagoners, ect.  Ive had season tickets for 3 years and to be honest the games are even better now.  Even on weekday nights we are drawing decent amounts of people.  Im glad people are showing up to support us.  I love going to games with my boyz and being rowdy, and its even better with more people at the park.  We run that place.

Who cares if someone wants to throw a ball back after someone from the other team hits a homer.  They caught the ball they can do what they want with it.  It isnt just a "cubs" thing. 

Here is a picture of me and my boyz after Friday nights win at Jimbos

goombagroup4qx1wm.jpg

You're in a boy band?

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
in the next few years Bridgeport will become much like Wrigley.  New lofts are going in down the street, more "Wrigley" style bars are coming.  I predict within 10 years the Cell will have the same atmosphere as Wrigley

lol, you don't know what the f*** you are talking about.

bridgeport is not going to be like boystown any time soon.

You ain't even out of high school yet and you've had season tickets for three years?  Is that you in the pink shirt?

Whatever, you are real tough making fun of someone over the internet. But that is me in the back. Before you make fun of the shirt color just know that I got 3 phone numbers at the game that night, while you where probably home alone. Haha pink is the new black.

Most of us are done with college, 2 of my friends are in there super senior years at UIC. Right now our tickets are upper deck, but hopefully in another year or two we'll have club level seats. This summer we are having a sky box party, its gonna be hot. Here is another photo of some of my friends before Saturday nights game:

band18.jpg

Dont be a playa hater!

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
Whatever, you are real tough making fun of someone over the internet.  But that is me in the back.  Before you make fun of the shirt color just know that I got 3 phone numbers at the game that night, while you where probably home alone.  Haha pink is the new black.

Most of us are done with college, 2 of my friends are in there super senior years at UIC.  Right now our tickets are upper deck, but hopefully in another year or two we'll have club level seats.  This summer we are having a sky box party, its gonna be hot.  Here is another photo of some of my friends before Saturday nights game:

band18.jpg

Dont be a playa hater!

So you go to games to pick up girls, you like the wave and you throw balls back. Hmm......

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
This guy is playing all of you like fiddles.  He's just getting a rise out of you.  There is no way he is serious with any of this.

And I will give him credit.  The things he is saying and the pictures he is posting are funny.

I've kind of figured that as well but I'll play along because I got nothing better to do. If he is being serious then wow. But if he just came here to get a rise out of people then that is pretty sad as well.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
Electric Pink. 

Remember, these guys are rowdy.  They run the place.  :D

:D hilarious!

These guys look like they are from Staten Island...not the South Side... this guy is clearly being funny...

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
Those guys in the second photo?  I doubt that I'm cool enough to hang out with them.

But I can get a pink shirt and hang out with the fake-ass John Gotti posse, no question.

Don't forget a huge tub of hair gel! :D

QUOTE(chisoxdavid @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
I have no problem with people wearing their Cubs hats or Jerseys to a Sox game but when they start to talk trash I just wanna :fight . Just shut the hell up and watch the Champs. Oh and as for the wave, I have participated in them when we are gettin blown out, but as long as we are in it I dont really pay attention to fans tryin to start one.

^^^^^^^^^^^