Rumor: Time Running Out For Manuel

Chisoxfn

Unlike the last white flag, this team will catch Cleveland  :angry: 

If they don't do something in the next week or so it doesn't matter. This team will be in such a hole no manager could dig them out. At that point let JM stay and save some money.

How does he save this gig? By winning a couple of games? We are going to sputter and sputter, almost get going then sputter some more. Hasn't JR seen enough?  Who cares if they win 5 of the next 8?

I'm still thinking an offseason dismissal, along with a decent free agent signing, to keep the season tix checks flowing in. They need to create buzz this next offseason even more so if the Cubs continue having their "magical season". What better than hiring a new manager. If they do dump JM it will be for an interim type of guy to be replaced by a permanent person during the off season. It would also be KW last chance.

Speaking of our friends up north, I just talked to a buddy who works for the Houston newspaper and the guys around the Astros organization are privately (or so he says) believe the Cubs are in it for the long haul and feel this is their (Astros) last chance for a few seasons. They actually are thinking a couple year run for the Cubs  :huh:  Makes my stomach churn if we aren't winning also.

After Sammy's fiasco tonight, the Cub's "magical" season may have just come to a screeching halt.

Unlike the last white flag, this team will catch Cleveland  :angry: 

If they don't do something in the next week or so it doesn't matter. This team will be in such a hole no manager could dig them out. At that point let JM stay and save some money.

How does he save this gig? By winning a couple of games? We are going to sputter and sputter, almost get going then sputter some more. Hasn't JR seen enough?  Who cares if they win 5 of the next 8?

I'm still thinking an offseason dismissal, along with a decent free agent signing, to keep the season tix checks flowing in. They need to create buzz this next offseason even more so if the Cubs continue having their "magical season". What better than hiring a new manager. If they do dump JM it will be for an interim type of guy to be replaced by a permanent person during the off season. It would also be KW last chance.

Speaking of our friends up north, I just talked to a buddy who works for the Houston newspaper and the guys around the Astros organization are privately (or so he says) believe the Cubs are in it for the long haul and feel this is their (Astros) last chance for a few seasons. They actually are thinking a couple year run for the Cubs  :huh:  Makes my stomach churn if we aren't winning also.

After Sammy's fiasco tonight, the Cub's "magical" season may have just come to a screeching halt.

They are beginning their June swoon anyway. Now they just have a taylor made excuse.