From 0 to 6

sox-r-us

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 12:14 AM)
Last year, we did not have a single hitter hit >0.300 (total year averages)

As of now, we have 6......

And the only real difference in the line up is Jim Thome instead of Crazy Carl

What a sweet improvement  :cheers  :gosox1:

yea lets see how the year pans out, Iguchi was hitting .300 at this time last year

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 01:57 AM)
Batters 2-7 all hitting at least 45 points above their career batting averages.

Thats impressive, i dont expect that to continue

but the great part about our offense is someone is stepping up every game, Uribe today, Dye yesterday... Its not just Thome and Konerko. As long as this continues well be in good shape.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
How about 6 over .327 and some guy Thome is the worst of that group batting only .327.  The other difference is Rowand and Anderson.

Rowand's 2005 April numbers were not mych better than Anderson's current numbers. There were also several people wanting to throw Aaron under the bus.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 04:08 AM)
Rowand's 2005 April numbers were not mych better than Anderson's current numbers.  There were also several people wanting to throw Aaron under the bus.

A lot of guys' 2005 numbers in April weren't that much better than Anderson's current numbers.

You guys know the sweetest thing about this offensive surge to start the season? Thome, Konerko, and Dye are all generally considered slow starters. For example, you eliminate about 6 weeks of the season last year, and PK had MVP-caliber numbers.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 11:19 PM)
At this time last year, (going by memory only) Pods, Iguchi, and Crede all were north of .300. None of them finished the year there.

It's about consistency. I'll get excited when 3 guys are above .300 at the ASB.

agreed.

I was hoping that Crede's breakout after time on the DL last year would carry over and so far it seems to have. I'm surprised by Kong's average. Thome's doing wonders for the pitches he's seeing. I think Iguchi is here to stay. Dye? There's a slide in his future. Same for AJ. But I do think Anderson, Uribe and Pods will continue to come on.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 24, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
I'm surprised by Kong's average.

If Konerko hadn't had that 1 gigantic slump last year, he would have been a .315 hitter. Yes, he's above that now, but it's not like he can't hit well over .300 for a season.