ACT Jitters

SoxFan1

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
probably the best thing to ever come out of willie's keyboard.

A quote from an AIM conversation

(11:59:04) ChiSox7546: i have the best stratgey ever

(11:59:07) ChiSox7546: if i dont know an answer

(11:59:09) ChiSox7546: i do C

(11:59:10) ChiSox7546: for Crede

That went through my mind today, and I smiled so wide. :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the ACTs. Everyone who I have talked to has said it is really easy. Three of my friends that have told me their scores got 33, 32, and 30 respectively. My school has some smart kids, so don't feel stupid if you don't break 30.

On the other hand, I take the SATs May 6. I've only taken the PSATs so far and that was insanely easy and I got a 1900 without doing much thinking. I'm shooting for at least a 2000 on the real thing because then I won't have to try next year to get into schools. I don't plan on taking the ACT; however, it appears that it is really easy so I might take it just to pad my stats for applying to colleges next fall.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 11:47 AM)
Did anyone actually ever run out of time on this or the SAT?

On a side note standardized tests rock!  If you're good at one of them you are good at them all.  I just took a practice LSAT a few weeks ago, is it sad to say that I actually enjoyed the logic problems

So you're looking into law school? My sister took the LSAT earlier this year and is going to IU law school next year. All last summer she was freaking out about that freaking LSAT.

Sad to say I'm like you and enjoy doing some standardized tests. Only the math portion though, because it makes me feel smart knowing all the answers and finishing before everyone else.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
A lot of times they have your score ready, and you can view it online like 10 days after you took it.  For a fee, of course.  I think it's like 8 bucks.

That I knew, I just don't know which site to go to.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
So you're looking into law school? My sister took the LSAT earlier this year and is going to IU law school next year. All last summer she was freaking out about that freaking LSAT.

Sad to say I'm like you and enjoy doing some standardized tests. Only the math portion though, because it makes me feel smart knowing all the answers and finishing before everyone else.

I'm doubling in Finance and Poli Sci, so I'm leaving the door open for law school, doubt I go though. Grades not good enough, LSAT score great though. So working world here I come. This is going to sound nerdish but I haven't missed a math question on an SAT, PSAT, ACT, PACT since 7th grade when i took the SAT and got a 730 in the math section (I beat my sister by 100 points in 7th grade when she took it as a junior, I've never let her live that one down)

My brother was the same way about the LSAT, and his score kept him from getting it NU and UC Law which kinda is too bad considering he had fricken great GPA from UC.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
I'm doubling in Finance and Poli Sci, so I'm leaving the door open for law school, doubt I go though.  Grades not good enough, LSAT score great though.  So working world here I come.  This is going to sound nerdish but I haven't missed a math question on an SAT, PSAT, ACT, PACT since 7th grade when i took the SAT and got a 730 in the math section (I beat my sister by 100 points in 7th grade when she took it as a junior, I've never let her live that one down)

My brother was the same way about the LSAT, and his score kept him from getting it NU and UC Law which kinda is too bad considering he had fricken great GPA from UC.

I missed one on the PSAT because I forgot to multiply a probability problem by two when the situations could have been reversed. :(

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)

To get into wither of those schools you have to be redickulassly smart and have worked for a few years. The average age of their entering class is like 26

I prepared for my ACT by getting SAT QOD emailed to me everyday, and I worked on increasing my reading speed, by reading articles. I would read an article one day, time myself. Next day, read that same article, time myself. If you read things over and over, you get faster, b/c later, I would read articles of similar length and I was reading them faster, too.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 7, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
I took the SATs yesterday, don't really know what to think. With some luck, I might have broken 2000, but I won't know til the 31st.

I'm not even going to bother with the SAT's. The only school I considered on the East Coast was Rutgers.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 7, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
I'm not even going to bother with the SAT's. The only school I considered on the East Coast was Rutgers.

I was always taught that SATs was more important, but it appears more schools value the ACT these days. That's good news for me I guess because everyone in my school has been raking the ACTs with 30's and above.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 21, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
So while I was fly-fisghin in Wisconsin, I get a call from my sis. Yes, the package has arrived and I got....

:drumroll:

a 26! Whoot!

i am sorry to tell you your ACT score needs to be below 18 in order to post on this site you have 24 hours to vacate the site :P