AJ vs. Everett

Al Lopez's Ghost

Having listened to Carl for a couple of years and witnessed his volatile behavior first-hand I would have to totally side with A.J.--if there was any bad blood...

Let me put it this way: given the choice, who would you rather have on your team?

I'd rather have AJ, and I side with AJ...and if it were Everett still on the Sox, I'd rather have Everett and I'd side with Everett. :D

But...he's not on our team, AJ is...so Everett can go to hell.

I'd like to take a raptor and lock him in a room with Everett so they could discuss the existance of dinosaurs in depth.

And one other thing, Everett isn't getting the last laugh...so his single scored a winning run, and they beat us. We're in 1st place...they're in last.

Last laugh that, dino-boy.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
Everyone just needs to chill for a bit, until KW trades for Carl again.

Shouldn't this be in green? Good place for a Wayne's World .wav of, "Tsia -- and monkeys might fly out of my butt!

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Shouldn't this be in green?  Good place for a Wayne's World .wav of, "Tsia -- and monkeys might fly out of my butt!

why it happens every year lol

carl didnt really beat us last night yuniesky did

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
why it happens every year lol

Yeah...I know it's kind of a running joke...but I think there's probably a better chance of Kenny getting a Prince Albert than take Carl back.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
Willie Bloomquist beat us. He took advantage of the fact that AJ couldn't throw out Jim Thome stealing second.

AJ is bad throwing out runners but most of the blame should be put on the pitchers, AJ usually has 0 chance.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Like I said last night, there's no excuse not to throw at least one pitch-out in that situation.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I watched that inning. I thought after he didn't run on the first pitch and saw BMac's move to first, he was almost certainly running on the 2nd pitch, and that would have been a good pitchout time. Don't know if we'd have gotten him, but it was at least worth a try, especially up a strike.

First of all, Cowley is ... well,...Cowley.

Second of all, there is no bad blood between Carl and A.J. If you remember, Carl said he thought that AJ would be the White Sox leader this year. I also read on another forum that Carl and A.J. hung out and had a few beers together after the White House ceremony.

By all accounts, Carl was a good citizen during all his time with the Sox and appeared to be well liked by his teammates. I don't remember reading of anyone refusing his invitation when he treated the whole team to a first class steak dinner last season.

Carl always appeared to be having fun in the dugout last season and looked like he was keeping everyone else loose with his humor. He also was always the first one up on the top step of the dugout sticking up for his teammates when necessary. Remember the incident with Crede during the World series for example.

Carl was a leader and an important part of the World series Championship. For that, he has my thanks and respect.

i'd probably enjoy having a beer with neither of these two guys. i suppose i'll root for the guy who wears S.O.X. though. rootin' for the uniform, we all do it.

and yea, to echo what was said above, i respect Carl for all he contributed on the field these last few yrs. whatever he or AJ says ultimately doesnt matter a lot to me.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
i'd probably enjoy having a beer with neither of these two guys.  i suppose i'll root for the guy who wears S.O.X. though.  rootin' for the uniform, we all do it.

That actually poses a good question. If you could sit down with one Sox player or coach, shoot the s*** for a few hours and have a couple of beers...who would it be?

Tough choice...I'm thinkin Buehrle, Crede or AJ...probably Buehrle. Ozzie would be an interesting choice...but I'd probably get tired of sayin "what..." after the first 10 minutes.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
That actually poses a good question.  If you could sit down with one Sox player or coach, shoot the s*** for a few hours and have a couple of beers...who would it be?

Can anyone say new poll?

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
That actually poses a good question.  If you could sit down with one Sox player or coach, shoot the s*** for a few hours and have a couple of beers...who would it be?

Tough choice...I'm thinkin Buehrle, Crede or AJ...probably Buehrle.  Ozzie would be an interesting choice...but I'd probably get tired of sayin "what..." after the first 10 minutes.

:lolhitting