White Sox @ Mariners 4/25

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
hahahaha. That's gonna be over his head. *ball lands over fence* STRETCH!

He's been WAY off lately. On ones that aren't even close, he goes STRETCH. On ones that LAND over the fence, he is "Thats over his head"

haha, i started cracking up with no one around me when he did that. then felt really lame. he'd be posting "STRETCH" right now if his commentating was done in this thread.

Edited by jenksd

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
That was actually a great swing by Anderson.  It's nice to see him with a plan at the plate, and taking a good rip.

agreed, that that was a major league AB

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
This doesn't have anything to do with us, but Brad Lidge walked 3 peeps tonight to blow another save.

Ever since Mr. Lidge was introduced to Mr. Pujols, hes been done. Bye Bye Mr. Lidge.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:09 AM)
It's funny how much better the Sox are than any other team in baseball, it's really not even close in my mind.

A healthy Red Sox team is very formidable. The Yankees, with their offense, is also a very strong team. It's more funny how pathetic the National League is.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:10 AM)
Fathom, you still want us to trade Count for Lidge??

If we weren't going to be able re-sign Contreras, then I still wouldn't have had a problem with Contreras for Lidge and a pitching prospect. Maybe the best thing for Lidge would be to get out of Houston.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
A healthy Red Sox team is very formidable.  The Yankees, with their offense, is also a very strong team.  It's more funny how pathetic the National League is.

They won't score 9 runs a game every night. Eventually, their lack of quality starting pitching WILL come back to haunt them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:11 PM)
If we weren't going to be able re-sign Contreras, then I still wouldn't have had a problem with Contreras for Lidge and a pitching prospect.  Maybe the best thing for Lidge would be to get out of Houston.

PASS!!

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:11 AM)
They won't score 9 runs a game every night. Eventually, their lack of quality starting pitching WILL come back to haunt them.

Their pitching isn't terrible though, and it's still an 8 inning game for them. Adding guys like Myers, Villone, and Farnsworth helps them get those tough outs in the 7th inning.