Nintendo for xbox??

longshot7

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
Back then they didn't have the technology. Nor was the Power Glove a Nintendo product.   And I'm not sure you are getting it right. From my understanding in FPS games, the Revmote will essentially be a Light gun, while movement will be done with the nunchuck add-on. In Red Steel, the Revmote will also act as a sword. Nothing like this has really ever been tried.

Not a Nintendo product? I don't know if it was made by Nintendo but it was certainly used on the system.

It was horrible because you'd move the glove a certain way to make your character move and it wouldn't pick it up or he'd move too far or he wouldn't jump... Plus you constantly had to "re-center" it.

The new technology may have improved it but until I see and try it myself I'm still going to be pretty skeptical.

Call me old fashioned but what's wrong with sitting in a chair holding the controller with your hands and pressing the buttons with your thumbs?

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
Call me old fashioned but what's wrong with sitting in a chair holding the controller with your hands and pressing the buttons with your thumbs?

All of these systems try and one-up each other through innovation, Im not surprised one bit. And there were a couple of applications that the new controller offers that I have read about. In a fishing game, the controller acts like a fishing rod in which you pull back the controller and "throw" your line out and reel in your fish. In shooting games the controller not only fires in the direction of where you point the controller, but also changes the angle in which you are shooting depending on how you hold it. And the oldie but goodie click and drag. All in all I am interested in how many different ways Nintendo can incorporate the new controller into their games, call me a homer if you want.

And this isnt the only way you can play with the controller. It has a shell that you can insert it into and use it as a contemporary controller. And if you take the tv-remote looking controller and turn it sideways, it doubles as the classic NES controller for the older games you can download onto the system. And for the people who dont want to switch from their gamecube, the gamecube controllers have two ports on the Wii.

I had my doubts as well, but Nintendo keeps things close to vest. The more that they leak, the more this looks like a keeper to me.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:30 PM)
You can download NES and other emulators online and download all the games you want. Play them on your computer.....can't remember the site but just search on google....the one I always used to get was NESTICLE and you could play all the contra to your hearts delight....

I have a modded xbox with a bunch of emulators, but I'm not sure how to use them. I'll try Nesticle.....