WalMart Price Policy Sucks

Texsox

And the mental midgets without customer service training they put on the front lines should be replaced by punching bags so I could have at least gotten a workout, the IQs are about the same.

Keywords: WaMart sucks, idiots, don't buy from them without checking prices, Target, not always the lowest prices, bastards,

:bang

I am starting to feel better.

Situation, I bought a new GPS receiver, a lovely Garmin eTrex Legend at my local WalMart for the price of $169.99. I assumed the always low prices was at least close to what I would pay anywhere else.

...Me...

:stupid

A buddy tells me that he just bought the same model for $132.50 a savings of over $35. Wow, where did you buy it? (ready for this)

WalMart!

WHAAAAAAT???

Yes, sir. WalMart on line.

Well I'll just print that out and have WalMart price match

No way Jose, we don't match our own prices. :headshake

WHAAAAAAT!???

OK, how about matching OfficeMax, Staples, Target, etc. etc.?

Nope, not any internet prices.

But these are also available in the store

Sorry, they say they don't carry them in the store

I jjjjjjust was there and saw them!

Sorry, let me call the manager again . . .

:finger :finger

BTW, the eTrex is awesome. I was out geocaching and it worked great. Nice little handheld unit.

This is how Walmart makes their money. They know very well that people only really pay attention to and know by heart the prices of a few core items. Walmart makes sure those core items are at the lowest prices in their stores, then they jack up the price of everything else, and the consumers buy things there anyway just because they've been conditioned to assume that Walmart will have the lowest price.

I did something similar at Target. I went online on one of those computers within their own store and showed them a product that was $15 less online than in the store. They refused to give me the online price, saying shipping/handling is the reason the online price is cheaper. Doesn't make much sense to me considering shipping in bulk must cost less than moving a single unit to my house.

I ran into that "we don't match prices from other Wal-Marts" once. We happened to see a swingset on sale while vacationing in Wisconsin. Since we didn't have a vehicle to bring it home in, we figured we could get it at home. Nope...

IIRC, the excuse was that other Wal-Marts match prices with other stores in their area.

One question. Why didn't you just buy one from Target and return the first one back to Wal-Mart?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
he already wrote "property of Texsox" on it

Just about, I stored a bunch of waypoints already.

What could be done is return the new one bought at Target to Walmart, but that would be wrong :rolly

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
BTW, the eTrex is awesome. I was out geocaching and it worked great. Nice little handheld unit.

We use an eTrex Vista, from about 2000. Great unit, water resistance, shock resistant, etc. But its B&W, has a low limit for waypoints uploaded from software, and runs out of batts too quickly.

We are about to invest in a pair of these bad boys:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDis...ductId=47970751

We can get rid of our GMRS two-ways AND upgrade our GPS in one shot. Plus, how cool is it to be able to radio someone, and see each others' coordinates on the GPS?

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
One question. Why didn't you just buy one from Target and return the first one back to Wal-Mart?

Or return the Target one to wal-mart?

It has almost always worked for me with a receipt, and at department stores too, but I've never tried it with an item over about sixty dollars...Once an item clearly had the pricing sticker from a different store but it didn't matter since the item was the same as on the receipt...

Edit: But I don't shop at wal-mart. My success has been at Target and K-Mart along with department stores...

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox