gym teacher mocks jenna bush

samclemens

Except the story says nothing even close to that. He mocked the prez, not Jenna. He didn't even know she was in the class. When you start seeing sentences that aren't there, time to seek help.

If Jenna can't bear to hear any criticism of daddy, I know I wouldn't mind if she locked herself up in a room so the men of the world don't have to look at that anymore...

QUOTE(samclemens @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
http://www.drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

what is it with high school teachers and gym instructers? i dont know anyone that goes to a spinning lesson to hear the teachers personal politics. why cant these people focus on actually doing their job, instead of vilifying the president all the time? TEACH YOUR CLASS

So, just leave and ask for your money back. You pay for the spin class, if the instructor is being a dick you leave get your money back and switch your membership.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 12:57 AM)
Except the story says nothing even close to that.  He mocked the prez, not Jenna.  He didn't even know she was in the class.  When you start seeing sentences that aren't there, time to seek help.

If Jenna can't bear to hear any criticism of daddy, I know I wouldn't mind if she locked herself up in a room so the men of the world don't have to look at that anymore...

i'm not sure about this but doesn't the Bush girls have a Secret Service detail??? Maybe the big lumbering guys in the suits with the earpieces in the back of the class should have given the teacher a clue.

Besides....is it normal to be handed politcal tapes after a spin class??? Besides...who goes to the gym to hear political talk from their instructors?

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Besides....is it normal to be handed politcal tapes after a spin class???  Besides...who goes to the gym to hear political talk from their instructors?

I think in some aerobic classes it's not unusual to get to know the other people in the class and your instructor. If that class usually would joke around about politics and (perhaps) Bushisms, well, it's not that surprising. I mean, an hour and a half of sitting on a stationary bike isn't particularly exciting, sometimes you just talk to people to kill the time/boredom/soreness.

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
i'm not sure about this but doesn't the Bush girls have a Secret Service detail???  Maybe the big lumbering guys in the suits with the earpieces in the back of the class should have given the teacher a clue.

Besides....is it normal to be handed politcal tapes after a spin class???  Besides...who goes to the gym to hear political talk from their instructors?

Some oddities in DC. I wouldn't rule it out.

I dunno how it works. Maybe the fitness center knows, but the instructor doesn't always know. It may not matter to him.

All I'm saying is that the title doesn't reflect the article. If you read the article, it's hard to miss that.

Oh come on. This man "mocked" Bush. If he had "mocked' the esteemed Revereand Jackson, you all would screaming racism. Why is one acceptable and one not? A person in the public eye is still being mocked.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
Oh come on.  This man "mocked" Bush.  If he had "mocked' the esteemed Revereand Jackson, you all would screaming racism.  Why is one acceptable and one not?  A person in the public eye is still being mocked.

Honestly, If the guy was funny, I'd be pretty entertained with either one being mocked.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
Oh come on.  This man "mocked" Bush.  If he had "mocked' the esteemed Revereand Jackson, you all would screaming racism.  Why is one acceptable and one not?  A person in the public eye is still being mocked.

I don't have any problem with people mocking Jesse Jackson. People here do it all the time. I get sick of it, because it seems like people on the right who need a target - can't even find anyone relevant to smack around anymore.

Seriously, Al Sharpton makes much more sense to mock - at least he had a reality show.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:33 AM)
I don't have any problem with people mocking Jesse Jackson. People here do it all the time. I get sick of it, because it seems like people on the right who need a target - can't even find anyone relevant to smack around anymore.

Seriously, Al Sharpton makes much more sense to mock - at least he had a reality show.

No one relevent on the left. Hmmmm. I'll go along with that.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)

OK, so he's a racist for mocking Bush, feel better?

bill_clinton_monica_star_wars.jpg

Oh the horrors, the horrors

Mocking Presidents for over 200 years. I love this country :usa

BTW, I think it is in poor taste to do it in front of a family member. But thank God we can mock our Presidents. :headbang

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 01:17 PM)
OK, so he's a racist for mocking Bush, feel better?

bill_clinton_monica_star_wars.jpg

Oh the horrors, the horrors

Mocking Presidents for over 200 years. I love this country  :usa

BTW, I think it is in poor taste to do it in front of a family member. But thank God we can mock our Presidents.  :headbang

The racist angle is not the one I was getting at. The double standard is what I was pointing out. But ... I'll give you your point about mocking presidents.

i still think this guy had to know that Jenna was in his class and to make fun of a person's parent in front of them (no matter what his job is) is classless and stupid.

Regardless of the politics of the owner....Jenna should recieve an apology from the owner and the teacher.

Of course...if it was a Democratic Prez....the Dems would be calling for the teacher's job and head on a platter.

Edited by juddling

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)
The racist angle is not the one I was getting at.  The double standard is what I was pointing out.  But ... I'll give you your point about mocking presidents.

I think it's the same standard, the reactions would be reversed and the same. No one likes "their" guy getting mocked. Again, I think it was rude, and would think it was rude if it was Chelsea in a similar situation. And actually if the situation was reversed, and the press reported that some teacher mocked Clinton while Chelsea was in the class, I believe the political views of the news agency would have been called into question. Some would claim that this was a minor situation, in an exercise class and the press was bringing it up to make someone look bad.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
Which tells you more about Drudge than it does the Gym Teacher, or Jenna Bush, or anything else.

are you kidding?? drudge has a great site, i enjoy it a lot. hes not as sleazy as you think. politics aside, you can find political news first on his site some of the time.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
are you kidding?? drudge has a great site, i enjoy it a lot. hes not as sleazy as you think. politics aside, you can find political news first on his site some of the time.

f***, Sam and I agree on something. :angry: His web site is more about links and finding stories. I use it as one of my homepages.

Regarding Drudge, his knack for sensationalism hides context. He talks about how some bookscan survey showed "Crashing The Gate" (which is the new must read in Dem activist circles) as only selling 3,000+ copies last week. He neglects to mention that that survey doesn't include independent bookstores or Amazon (where its ranked top 25) or the fact that the initial pressing was only 10,000 copies and its currently in its third pressing and has distributed around 50K of the book. (It's also overpriced in my opinion - $25 is a lot for a book without a whole lot of heft to it.)

He also talks about the ratings plunge for WLIB in New York (The Air America radio station) from a 1.6 to a 1.0 in listeners 12+ and specifically noted Randi Rhodes's steep decline. Again context is key - although they did have an off book - and judging from the useless 12+ trend numbers I've seen, they rolled off a great November and replaced it in their three month average with a horrible February. It makes sense given the extreme directionality of their nighttime signal and that they revert to the nighttime signal before 5PM in January and February. They probably also had a drop off that was pretty noticeable but most likely attributable to a one or two month slump with a s***ty book.