Favre Returns for '06

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys will regret being happy him coming back, Lets see 1 bad year and everyone said hes done. Its kinda hard when you start 5 running backs in the year. Its going to be funny when are all you are happy when he comes back and torches the bears like he usually does. So note to people who are happy hes back becasue he is gonna suck, a guy with 3 MVPs, a superbowl ring and the toughest QB ever will make you regret it.

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
The blind hate of some of you guys for Favre is ridiculous.

Hate? He'll be 37 in October, he had a bad year last year with a mediocre OLine and mediocre weapons, and the Packers have done nothing really to improve that situation.

I'm not sure where you're getting the hate...I can see happiness because they feel he is washed up and won't lead the Packers to many victories...that I agree with...but I don't think they hate him. I think it's impossible to hate him, unless you hate him because he is a Packer and he has killed you for years. What did AJP do to warrant Sox fans hate for 3 years? What has Torii Hunter done, aside from hitting the s*** out of Jamie Burke, to warrant hate from Sox fans? Nothing, except where a rival's jersey.

It's easy to understand why Bears and Vikings fans would hate Favre. Sox fans hate Twins players for the exact same reason, and that occurs throughout sports. I don't hate Tom Brady at this point...but when the Bills actually had a chance in hell of being a decent team, I didn't like him a whole hell of a lot...and for that matter, I still don't really like him. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy, doesn't mean the hate is deserved...but he's a New England Patriot, and they are in the same division as the Bills. Therefore, I don't like him.

If Javon Walker gets healthy again (and actually stays on the team), that offense suddenly looks a lot more respectable again.

And their defense did make a jump last season as well. I don't think they'll be as bad as what as many people are predicting.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
If Javon Walker gets healthy again (and actually stays on the team), that offense suddenly looks a lot more respectable again.

And their defense did make a jump last season as well. I don't think they'll be as bad as what as many people are predicting.

And the Pack also had to deal with an absolutely ridiculous number of injuries on the team last year too. Hell, they went through what, 6 starting running backs? And some of them were surprisingly good (Gado?). Next year, they've got what, Gado, Davenport, and Green all in their backfield, when they had none of them for most of last year? That's at least a big improvement over last season.

You guys are forgeting all the times favre has killed the bears, one bad year and he's done? He has had 1 losing season, 1. the bears havent even had a winning QB for more then a year since i dont know when!

Edited by Spod=Ratings

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
You guys are forgeting all the times favre has killed the bears, one bad year and he's done? He has had 1 losing season, 1. the bears havent even had a winning QB for more then a year since i dont know when!

That losing season happened to be last year. Now he is a year older. He better eat his flutie flakes if he wants to even play close to the level of his early 30's.