Kobe to wear number 24 next year

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
Its crazy to me how many Kobe haters are out there.

Personally, he's the only reason I will EVER watch the NBA.

The guy is damn good, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a person.

I agree the Kobe haters are over the top, but if he's the only reason you'd watch the NBA than you haven't see LeBron James, the Phoenix Suns, or the Detroit Pistons play.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
Its crazy to me how many Kobe haters are out there.

Personally, he's the only reason I will EVER watch the NBA.

The guy is damn good, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a person.

Not that many people like rapists, generally speaking.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
Not that many people like rapists, generally speaking.

I think aboz is saying way too many people hate on Kobe's game. I think me and aboz agree that Kobe is a miserable scumbag of a human being, but that doesn't change the fact that he's an amazing basketball player, even though many people think otherwise.

I could care less what he does off of the court.

And the rape thing, well, never really materialized and the girl seemed to be questionable on her story to begin with.

And yes, I am talking about his game which is clearly the best in the league.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Lebron?

LeBron is not better than Kobe, but thanks for playing.

Anyone who takes a team who has a 3rd option named Smush Parker to the playoffs is a pretty damn good player. About the only thing I can see that LeBron does better than Kobe is pass and rebound.

Kobe is a much better defender, scorer and shooter. He easily makes the toughest shots night in and night out in the league. He can also score basically (82 points in one night?) at will even though he is surrounded perhaps by the worst roster in the NBA besides himself.

And when Shaq never wins another ring without Kobe, but Kobe wins one without Shaq, everyone will see just how huge Kobe was in winning the 3 rings.

But everyone will keep trashing Kobe in this thread and that's fine, but just realize you are watching one of the best ever. The guy is a stud.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
And when Shaq never wins another ring without Kobe, but Kobe wins one without Shaq, everyone will see just how huge Kobe was in winning the 3 rings.

I doubt that happens, but maybe it's just me

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
I doubt that happens, but maybe it's just me

Well you'll see a lot the future a lot clearer when LA gets Chris Bosh after the 2006-2007 season. Just remember where you heard it first.

Also gotta figure with 13 or so seasons left to play he has a much better shot at a ring than Shaq, who will be lucky to play 3 more seasons.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
LeBron is not better than Kobe, but thanks for playing.

Anyone who takes a team who has a 3rd option named Smush Parker to the playoffs is a pretty damn good player.  About the only thing I can see that LeBron does better than Kobe is pass and rebound.

Kobe is a much better defender, scorer and shooter.  He easily makes the toughest shots night in and night out in the league.  He can also score basically (82 points in one night?) at will even though he is surrounded perhaps by the worst roster in the NBA besides himself. 

But everyone will keep trashing Kobe in this thread and that's fine, but just realize you are watching one of the best ever.  The guy is a stud.

Lebron's 3rd option was Drew Gooden and Ronald Murray, hardly what I would call great players.

Kobe hasn't played any defense at all this year but neither does Lebron. Better scorer? Maybe more explosive but the only reason he averaged more PPG this year than Lebron is because he takes a lot more shots. He is a better outside shooter than Lebron but it isn't by all that much and Lebron actually shoots a much higher percentage from the field than Kobe. And last I checked passing and rebounding are pretty huge aspects of basketball. Saying Kobe is a much better scorer and shooter is downright laughable.

The only reason Shaq might not win another ring is because of injuries and decline in his play as a result. You put D-Wade on those Lakers teams and they still win the title. Same goes for Lebron.

Kobe is a terrific player and terrific scorer and definitely an all time great so you won't see me trashing him as a player.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 05:11 PM)
Will someone please contact me when LeBron James wins something meaningful above the high school level?

Until then please don't compare him to a hall of famer like Kobe Bryant.

Wins last 2 years (Kobe without Shaq):

LeBron- 92

Kobe- 79

Let me know when Kobe wins something meaningful without having the most dominant player in the NBA.

Kobe>Lebron imo. Kobe defends and Kobe doesn't pass every time his team is in a clutch situation, Kobe will take and most of the time make the big shot where as it seems like Lebron is almost afraid to take that shot.

I agree that Shaq will never again win a title, I have no clue about Kobe at this point..to hard to predict what his teams will look like.