AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

Good comeback tonight. Vazquez looked good, although it was really the perfect park for him to be pitching in.

Jermaine Dye's been on a tear, which is really good to see after the start he had last season.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 05:17 AM)
Good comeback tonight. Vazquez looked good, although it was really the perfect park for him to be pitching in.

Jermaine Dye's been on a tear, which is really good to see after the start he had last season.

Im pretty sure he started off fast to the 04 season with Oakland and than faltered down the stretch though. So hopefully that doesnt happen again.

Did anybody expect Iguchi to hit like this?

Knock on wood, keep it going!

He has been awesome.

And what a career Konerko has made for himself in Chicago.

That is turning out to be one of the best acquisitions in Sox history.

Who did we trade for him?

He is a STUD!

Go Sox!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Apr 25, 2006 -> 11:36 PM)
Did anybody expect Iguchi to hit like this?

Knock on wood, keep it going!

He has been awesome.

And what a career Konerko has made for himself in Chicago.

That is turning out to be one of the best acquisitions in Sox history.

Who did we trade for him?

He is a STUD!

Go Sox!

The Sox traded Mike Cameron for him...nice get huh.

As for Gooch...I'm almost going back to when Ozzie ripped him a new asshole saying if he didn't like it he could go home about the lineup card. For some reason...it seems after that...he's torn it up.

Also on BTN...I actually heard fat Kruk say, "the Sox are scary-good...."...then Gammons mumbled some inane s*** in the background I couldn't hear.

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 01:16 AM)
As for Gooch...I'm almost going back to when Ozzie ripped him a new asshole saying if he didn't like it he could go home about the lineup card.  For some reason...it seems after that...he's torn it up.

He was actually hitting well at the time. Probably why he complained about not being in the lineup.

Observations from last night's game:

AJP is using his old hitting approach of trying to hit singles to the opposite field lately. This is helping his batting average as well as make RBI opps for crede.

Crede is playing GG defense so far this year, if he keeps this up, there is no way he cant be seriously considered.

After Dye's 2nd HR is looked like he and Gload were having a little argument in the dugout which was covered by the CSN cameras. Anyone else see this?

PODS seems to be back on track which is nice, especially with Gooch, Thome, Kong, and Dye raking right now.

Logan picks up garbage innings at this point, nothing more.

Ozzie did a great job of pulling his starters last night, especially using Gload and Widger as pinch hitters, they both could use some work at the plate.

Vaz looked nasty last night, as long as AJ catches him, this is what I expect out of him every night.

When our offense is clicking, its scary. Its hard to believe how much of an impact Jim Thome has had on every hitter in this lineup.

"After Dye's 2nd HR is looked like he and Gload were having a little argument in the dugout which was covered by the CSN cameras. Anyone else see this?"

I saw the shot you're talking about but I didn't get the impression they were bickering :huh:

QUOTE(Allsox @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
"After Dye's 2nd HR is looked like he and Gload were having a little argument in the dugout which was covered by the CSN cameras. Anyone else see this?"

I saw the shot you're talking about but I didn't get the impression they were bickering :huh:

It probably was trash talking, as Gload hit the top of the fence, and Dye hit a bomb.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:20 AM)
AJP is using his old hitting approach of trying to hit singles to the opposite field lately.  This is helping his batting average as well as make RBI opps for crede.

Yep, your definitely right. To be honest with the way the team is setup this year, I'd much rather AJ hit half a dozen less homers and hit .300 plus like he showed he could do in Minnesota.