White Sox @ Mariners 4/26

Rowand44

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Washburn's control is fantastic so far.  He's hitting his spots on every pitch.

We should rock him tonight. Jojihma calls a s***ty game. He goes away to start a guy off, then goes in, and when he gets 2 strikes he goes away. He did this last night with Pinero and he got rocked, and Washburn keeps shaking off breaking pitches and going with his fastball more. The more Wash trys to pound in, the more he will make a mistake over the plate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
We should rock him tonight.  Jojihma calls a s***ty game.    He goes away to start a guy off, then goes in, and when he gets 2 strikes he goes away.  He did this last night with Pinero and he got rocked, and Washburn keeps shaking off breaking pitches and going with his fastball more.  The more Wash trys to pound in, the more he will make a mistake over the plate.

I like your confidence. I wish had that same level of it! Wash always gives us fits.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
I like your confidence. I wish had that same level of it! Wash always gives us fits.

You make out that every single pitcher that comes up against the sox is the reincarnation of cy young, that way if the sox dont hit it sounds a lot better than we hit like s*** against a mediocre pitcher. Wash is good, but guys who pound in on the sox become meat. Guys like Rogers and Moyer who spot away with crap and slow, slower, slowest are guys who give us fits.