White Sox @ Mariners 4/26

Rowand44

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
Is the sox killer a soft tossing lefty???

Usually, however this is not a traditional soft tosser.

He attacks the strike zone with fastballs. We are just chasing high pitches and taking pitches over the cock. The minute we swing at strikes we will rock him.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 02:57 AM)
Hawk given up on PbP for tonight???

If anyone listed to M, J, and H today, they talked about how much of a prick Hawk is to DJ. I had never thought about how he doesn't really seem to help him out during the broadcast. Anyone else hear this part of the show today?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Usually, however this is not a traditional soft tosser.

He attacks the strike zone with fastballs.  We are just chasing high pitches and taking pitches over the cock.  The minute we swing at strikes we will rock him.

cool thanks for the info, you got good insight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
If anyone listed to M, J, and H today, they talked about how much of a prick Hawk is to DJ.  I had never thought about how he doesn't really seem to help him out during the broadcast.  Anyone else hear this part of the show today?

I wish I heard it, care to summarize?

f*** not good at all by JD after a 2-0 count, awful

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)
I wish I heard it, care to summarize?

f*** not good at all by JD after a 2-0 count, awful

Basically said that all of the announcers in the Sox organization (Farmer, DJ, Rooney) hate Hawk. Said he's an egomaniac and does absolutely nothing to help others out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Great pitch call by the catcher.

We just need to stop swinging a s*** out of the strike zone. We keep from swinging at neck high s*** and we will be okay. This guy is a left handed version of Earlton. You cant get good wood on a high pitch. You either foul it off or pop it straight up. If they lay off that and make him get it down, its over.

Chalk another inning to our hitters not being patient and swinging at s*** out of the strikezone, getting themselves behind the count, then popping s*** up. Aka long swing syndrome. We rocked the s*** out of the ball last night, great. Lets get the line drive quick cuts back. Pop up city sucks.