White Sox @ Mariners 4/26

Rowand44

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:13 AM)
Some nights the offense is bad but this is one of those nights that's just beyond frustrating

Nah, you have nights like this. There's no shame in getting shutdown some games. It's just too bad the team/Ozzie lost the opening game of the series. Losing 2 out 3 to Seattle would be disappointing, considering they were slumping coming into the series. I can't imagine how bad Uribe's going to hit against the tough slider pitchers we'll see for Anaheim.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Nah, you have nights like this.  There's no shame in getting shutdown some games.  It's just too bad the team/Ozzie lost the opening game of the series.  Losing 2 out 3 to Seattle would be disappointing, considering they were slumping coming into the series.  I can't imagine how bad Uribe's going to hit against the tough slider pitchers we'll see for Anaheim.

No, I know these nights happen. It's just that helpless feeling you get when guys are making pathetically easy outs and you can just feel the game sliding away

This pretty much sums up our hitters tonight.

Fastball down the cock. They Take that pitch

Fastball neck high and away, lets swing away. Ball gets hit straight up or we foul it off.

Curve in the dirt, lets swing at that. If we are lucky we wedge it straight up.

Fastball one the outside corner, foul it off with big swing.

Pretty much we would make anyone look like Cy Young with this approach.

This is why crappy pitchers like Scott Earlton look like studs against us. This year we have been great at making the pitcher throw strikes, not swinging at s***, and hitting mistakes over the plate. Hopefully we get our heads out of our ass and recover.

Washburn is a good pitcher. He almost had a complete game against the Tigers in his last start. But, I think most of it is we just suck real bad on offense. Despite leading the league in runs coming into today. Most of those 123 runs are fluky.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:17 AM)
Washburn is a good pitcher. He almost had a complete game against the Tigers in his last start. But, I think most of it is we just suck real bad on offense. Despite leading the league in runs coming into today. Most of those 123 runs are fluky.

Amazing.. :huh