White Sox @ Mariners 4/26

Rowand44

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:27 AM)
This offensive showing tonight is pathetic.

I'll use this line every occasion we're shut down by a pitcher--if you can battle off Santana, you should be able to battle off ANYONE. What I've seen tonight from our hitters is pathetic. Watch Washburn's next three starts go something like this: 7IP/4ER, 8IP/3ER, 6IP/5ER.

Nice going Buehrle. Way to step up.

This seems like one of those games where everyone was just flat. It happens to even the best teams. Buehrle's been up in the zone the entire game it seems. I hope Cintron sees some time at SS against the Angels, as Uribe looks awful (against anyone not named Silva).

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
He went 8.2/2ER in his last start against Det. Just FYI

Here we go. I predicted this earlier in the game thread. The cy youngification of Jarod Washburn. We are getting 2 hit, not because he is the best pitcher we have ever seen. Its because we are undisciplined tonight and are taking horrible swings.

People score against the great Jarod Washburn.

I mean maybe they have kryptonite or something but they do get to superman.

Here is his line

Indians 5 innings 6 runs, 2 dongs

The weak hitting LA Angels managed 6 hits and 2 runs

Boston 6 innings 3 runs.

So again people can hit him.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
We're all spoiled.

It's disgusting really. TO read that people think we arne't there mentally because we are having a bad offensive night for the second time since the first week is hilarious.

They are trying their hardest. They just ran into a pitcher that has pitched well against us and shut us down.

This is our SECOND time scoring under 4 runs (if it stays this way) since the first week of the f***ing season. Both times were against Sox nemesis in this spacious ballpark.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 09:33 PM)
Here we go.  I predicted this earlier in the game thread.  The cy youngification of Jarod Washburn.  We are getting 2 hit, not because he is the best pitcher we have ever seen.  Its because we are undisciplined tonight and are taking horrible swings.

People score against the great Jarod Washburn. 

I mean maybe they have kryptonite or something but they do get to superman. 

Here is his line

Indians  5 innings 6 runs, 2 dongs

The weak hitting LA Angels  managed 6 hits and 2 runs

Boston 6 innings 3 runs.

So again people can hit him.

So in other words. 1 bad start, and 3 quality starts, against pretty good teams. Right. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 03:34 AM)
This is our SECOND time scoring under 4 runs (if it stays this way) since the first week of the f***ing season. Both times were against Sox nemesis in this spacious ballpark.

I think people wouldn't be quite as upset if they felt like we didn't give away the first game of this series. In all honesty, I'm not concerned about this Seattle series. However, we have 5 games coming up against tough pitchers.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
So in other words. 1 bad start, and 3 quality starts, against pretty good teams. Right. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Any time a pitcher has a WHIP below 1 they're doing pretty well....