White Sox @ Mariners 4/26

Rowand44

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Buerhle's inning has nothing to do with Widger. It has to do with him hitting a guy and getting a ball up to Lopez.

I agree, Widger or not Buehrle is pitching. He shouldn't have hit a batter to load the bases.

What I hope Widger realizes is Seattle obviously has a plan of concentrating on the outside corner of the plate. Or atleast they did last inning. Three opposite field hits should tell you to begin pitching inside.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
Uribe needs to do some cardio in the next offseason.  He is getting puffier every season.  In fact, Cardio all the way around for the team next years offseason.

Looks like some guys had a case of "the banquet circuit". If it means that they're eating too much with all the celebration of a championship....then I'll take a couple of porkers on next year's team.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
I agree, Widger or not Buehrle is pitching. He shouldn't have hit a batter to load the bases.

What I hope Widger realizes is Seattle obviously has a plan of concentrating on the outside corner of the plate. Or atleast they did last inning. Three opposite field hits should tell you to begin pitching inside.

ANd he called a good inside pitch after setting up Johjima, unfortunately Mark didn't have his control and he plunked him. It happens, even to Aces.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
yeah, cardio is so important for a sport like baseball... :bang

Gaining weight is great if you are a football player, but if you are a SS or a closer, or a SP you probably dont want to put a few more pounds on.

Most pitchers run a lot anyways.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 26, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
Why do you say that?  He still gave up a hit to Jose Lopez.

Because if he gets Johjima out, he might pitch Lopez differently, with 2 on, none in and 2 outs. He might not. He could still leave a pitch up to Lopez. That has nothing to do with Widger though. It has to do with Buerhle not pitching well that inning.