Delmon Young throws bat at umpire after...

maggsmaggs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It was just a mistake" doesn't fly in the real world. This idiot knows you don't touch the umpire at all, let alone with the bat. I don't care if he threw the bat or tossed it. He did something he knew wasn't allowed to do, and now he's gonna have to pay the price. I don't care if it was a mistake or if he's just immature. f*** him. He'll think twice now before he does something like this again.

He deserves a big suspension, but not for the entire year. Maybe an assault charge as well. They should make him pay the umpire a big hunk of change not to press charges. If he's doing this in the minors, just wait until his head swells even more when he gets to the majors. He's going to be a huge target for hecklers.

The announcer says, "he threw his bat and the bat hit the umpire." If it was intentional he probably would have said "he threw his bat at the umpire." I think there should be a difference in penalty if he was just throwing the bat out of anger and it hit the ump.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:01 PM)
Suspend him for the rest of this season, make him do anger management, and review things next February.  You can't do that, period.  Lifetime is too much, but he should for sure be done playing baseball in 2006.

Indeed.

I'd be embarrassed to sign such a s***head.