Another Hate Crime/Rape/Sodomization

Kyyle23

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Every crime is a hate crime. Throw the book at em.

^^^^^

^^^^^

^^^^^

I don't believe in attaching special penalties because a crime may have been racially motivated. It shouldn't matter whether the attack was motivated by genuine hatred or if it was random, the penalties should be uniform.

That being said, hopefully these 2 jackasses get a taste of their own medicine when they get to the pokey.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
^^^^^

^^^^^

^^^^^

I don't believe in attaching special penalties because a crime may have been racially motivated.  It shouldn't matter whether the attack was motivated by genuine hatred or if it was random, the penalties should be uniform.

That being said, hopefully these 2 jackasses get a taste of their own medicine when they get to the pokey.

You've agreed with Balta and me in the same day. About politics.

There's something wrong in the universe today.

There is no such thing as a "hate" crime and leeway for sentencing should lie with the judge - not another law to piggyback onto the original offense.

Here is the beauty of our justice system. These two morons will get to view the world in he eyes of the victim when they go to prison for a bit. After they are passed around like rag dolls they will have a new appreciation for being a victim of sexual assault.

While there is a bit of poetic justice in what is probably going to be there fate, I believe we have a moral obligation, once we lock someone up, for their welfare. The criminal assault of people in our care, is shameful.

However, in this case, I'm not too worked up over it :huh: