Cleveland kicks the shit out of Beckett

aboz56

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
I can't stand the Red Sox....but I love the White Sox.  Thus, I'd much rather the Red Sox sweep all the AL Central contenders when they play them.

I would prefer them to split the season series evenly, of be just slightly favoring the Red Sox. That way, it hurts the AL Central opponents by giving them some losses, but it also hurts the BoSox by keeping them from having an easy path to home field advantage.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:21 PM)
why all the becket hate?

I will ALWAYS have a place in my heart for the 2003 marlins and Beckett is definately towards the top of that list.

I think a lot of it has to do with him being a pompous jackass but also the fact that him and Schilling are gods in the media right now.

I hate Beckett and Schilling and the Sawx as much as anyone but I definitely wish JB could have done this s*** against some other team.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
I think a lot of it has to do with him being a pompous jackass but also the fact that him and Schilling are gods in the media right now.

I hate Beckett and Schilling and the Sawx as much as anyone but I definitely wish JB could have done this s*** against some other team.

You have no will power. :D

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
why all the becket hate?

I will ALWAYS have a place in my heart for the 2003 marlins and Beckett is definately towards the top of that list.

I think it has a little bit to do with most of the national media already giving him the Cy Young award. And being that he is doing it for Boston, ESPN has seemingly put him on the fast track to the hall of fame. I guess with Beckett's poor outing, that makes Curt Schilling the odds-on favorite for MVP, Cy Young, Comeback Player of the Year, Nobel Peace Prize, and the successor to Queen Elizabeth.

By the way, am I the only person who thinks that Schilling is a bigger blowhard than Bonds? I'm assuming that I am, but I can live with that.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 03:21 AM)
why all the becket hate?

After having polar opposites views last night, this was exactly the post I made earlier today. Beckett has a place on Fathom's Hall of Fame wall for life.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 03:53 AM)
f*** the cy young race when it's at the expense of the al central race.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I've seen more posts about people rooting for players against the Sox this year, cause they're on their fantasy team, than I saw all of last year. The Cy Young race isn't decided in April. If people really thought that Josh Beckett was going to win it, they're dumber than ESPN.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
:notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy

I've seen more posts about people rooting for players against the Sox this year, cause they're on their fantasy team, than I saw all of last year.  The Cy Young race isn't decided in April.  If people really thought that Josh Beckett was going to win it, they're dumber than ESPN.

LOL bingo. I never care about individual awards anyways, I think it'd be cool for one of our guys to win one if it comes to it but it's not even something I think about until late in September.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
f*** the cy young race when it's at the expense of the al central race.

I don't think it's at the expense of the Central Race at all. ::shrug:: It's not like I'm rooting for the Sox to lose the Central and Mark Buehrle to win a Cy Young instead.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
:notworthy  :notworthy  :notworthy

I've seen more posts about people rooting for players against the Sox this year, cause they're on their fantasy team, than I saw all of last year.  The Cy Young race isn't decided in April.  If people really thought that Josh Beckett was going to win it, they're dumber than ESPN.

I've never rooted for someone against the Sox because of Fantasy Team stats. I don't think you were referencing me, but given the context I wanted to say that.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
By the way, am I the only person who thinks that Schilling is a bigger blowhard than Bonds?  I'm assuming that I am, but I can live with that.

No, you're probably right. Schilling is a complete f***head on a personal level. He makes Roger Clemens look like Jim Thome.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
In terms of just a person??  Schilling is probably a bigger dick than Bonds, but Bonds just trumps everybody since he was a future HOF, 500/500 player....AND THEN decided to be a cheating ass when he didn't need to.

I think they're two of the biggest assholes in baseball. Both of them think they're larger than the game. At least I'll give Schilling credit for being a good teammate.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
I think they're two of the biggest assholes in baseball.  Both of them think they're larger than the game.  At least I'll give Schilling credit for being a good teammate.

I don't think Curt's a good teammate, personally. He's the one who came out and said he deserved the Cy Young instead of Randy Johnson when they were teammates.

Although his level of asshole behavior doesn't match Bonds by any stretch of the steroid.