Chicago White Sox 2003 Draft Thread (Day One)

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Omar Quintanilla, ss

School: U. of Texas. Class: Jr.

Hometown: El Paso, Texas.

B-T: L-R. Ht.: 5-9. Wt.: 185. Birthdate:

Previously Drafted: Never drafted.

Scouting Report: Quintanilla doesn’t do anything spectacularly, but he's a solid all-around player with exceptional hand-eye coordination. His strong suit is his ability to hit for average and being lefthanded only helps his cause. He makes contact, draws walks and provides the occasional stolen base and extra-base hit. While Quintanilla has played mostly shortstop and third base at Texas, his size (5-foot-9 and 185 pounds) and range will fit better at second base as a pro. Then again, he's bigger and has more arm strength than David Eckstein. At worst, Quintanilla should be a super utility player, and he's generating third- to fifth-round interest.

Omar Quintanilla, ss

School: U. of Texas. Class: Jr.

Hometown: El Paso, Texas.

B-T: L-R. Ht.: 5-9. Wt.: 185. Birthdate:

Previously Drafted: Never drafted.

Scouting Report: Quintanilla doesn’t do anything spectacularly, but he's a solid all-around player with exceptional hand-eye coordination. His strong suit is his ability to hit for average and being lefthanded only helps his cause. He makes contact, draws walks and provides the occasional stolen base and extra-base hit. While Quintanilla has played mostly shortstop and third base at Texas, his size (5-foot-9 and 185 pounds) and range will fit better at second base as a pro. Then again, he's bigger and has more arm strength than David Eckstein. At worst, Quintanilla should be a super utility player, and he's generating third- to fifth-round interest.

AKA the A's are trying to pull a rabbit out of their ass again...

Who is running our draft someone just told me KW is traveling with the team?  I can see someone getting a BA mock draft and using this to conduct our draft.  Kind of what I do for fantasy hockey.

KW said he was going to be there for the first pick and then travel to AZ for the game in the Trib this morning.

Sox select Ryan Sweeney OF (Xavier HS, Cedar Rapdis) with their 2nd round pick, 52nd overall. Stolen.

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best pick imaginable...an absolute steal! I've played against this kid a couple times and he is a machine.

WOW I couldn't be happier! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

This is the best pick imaginable...an absolute steal!  I've played against this kid a couple times and he is a machine. 

WOW I couldn't be happier! :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Sweeney will be asking for 1st round money, so Uncle Jerry better shell out the dough for him.

This is the best pick imaginable...an absolute steal!  I've played against this kid a couple times and he is a machine. 

WOW I couldn't be happier! :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Sweeney will be asking for 1st round money, so Uncle Jerry better shell out the dough for him.

They must have talked to him ahead of time. After the Jeff Weaver and Bobby Hill incidents they talk to these agents ahead of time and if they are asking for too much money they don't even bother drafting them anymore.

out of the first 8 picks in the 3rd round, 3 have been catchers.  Altough the Ritchie kid (C from FSU) is still on the board.

If he falls to us we nab him.

Two guys I'd love to see the Sox draft are Wes Littleton and Chad Cordero out of Cal State Fullerton.

Littleton is a good starter and Cordero is one of the best closers in the country. I'm assuming Cordero was snagged already. Littleton would of been a first round pick if he wasn't suspended for a month of the season. They never said why it was, but he's supposed to be a good guy.

If he falls to us we nab him. 

Two guys I'd love to see the Sox draft are Wes Littleton and Chad Cordero out of Cal State Fullerton. 

Littleton is a good starter and Cordero is one of the best closers in the country.  I'm assuming Cordero was snagged already.  Littleton would of been a first round pick if he wasn't suspended for a month of the season.  They never said why it was, but he's supposed to be a good guy.

The last thing we need to do is draft another closer. We are stacked in the relief pitching dept. we need more positional prospects in the IF and C.