Game Thread-White Sox vs. Angels(Fri., April 28)

kman

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
So I guess that means he's not gonna hit .054 against us this series, or whatever it was. haha.

Well not many major leaguers are going to hit that when someone is getting behind everyone and throwing junk and backing that up with 85 mph heat.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 02:25 AM)
It could be a result of throwing a lot of innings over the years, but to drop that much velocity this suddenly makes me wonder if there's more to it than that.

It's not just the fastball velocity that's a concerned. He's not putting anything on his offspeed pitch, causing it to roll to the plate. That's what happens when you don't have enough strength in your shoulder. The only chance he has to fool guys right now is with his changeup.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Freddy pitch well in the WBC?  I thought he was bringing his usual low 90's in that tourney.

In the starts I watched he was very good.

Well, typical first inning Freddy. Hopefully he'll settle down and we can score a few runs. Not gonna be easy but we can do it.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 02:29 AM)
He gawn, 82 mph

Disgusting inning, I can't believe AJ tolerates his new bulls*** approach without hitting him in the face

Do you really believe this approach is by designed? I doubt Garcia is Ricky Vaughn from Major League II.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
In the starts I watched he was very good.

Well, typical first inning Freddy. Hopefully he'll settle down and we can score a few runs. Not gonna be easy but we can do it.

In all the years of watching Freddy, when did he become Typical mid 80s Freddy. He usually gives up runs in the first inning, however he usually can break 90 on the gun once.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
It could be a result of throwing a lot of innings over the years, but to drop that much velocity this suddenly makes me wonder if there's more to it than that.

Inevitably, steroid allegations will be associated with Garcia. Wheter or not that's what you were alluding to, it's bound to come up. Players in their late 20's/early 30's don't lose 5 mph fastball for no apparent reason. Personally, I believe he's injured to some degree.

It's just odd how the one game against Detroit he apparently regained his velocity, yet, has to reach similar velocity since.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
Do you really believe this approach is by designed?  I doubt Garcia is Ricky Vaughn from Major League II.

Even if it's not he shouldn't be throwing himself out there when he has no f***ing heat.

Freddy w/o heat= :chair :chair :chair

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Inevitably, steroid allegations will be associated with Garcia. Wheter or not that's what you were alluding to, it's bound to come up. Players in their late 20's/early 30's don't lose 5 mph fastball for no apparent reason.  Personally, I believe he's injured to some degree.

It's just odd how the one game against Detroit he apparently regained his velocity, yet, has to reach similar velocity since.

He threw in the 90s against Tor as well.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
He threw in the 90s against Tor as well.

Maybe like one or two pitches. He started off the game around 85 mph, and then he was throwing 88 mph after the rain delay. That was another game where he didn't know why he wasn't able to get loose.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 02:33 AM)
Talk about loss off velocity, Weaver hasn't thrown above 84.....

I'd suggest perhaps the radar gun is off, but Garcia doesn't appear to be throwing harder than his readings.

Yeah...to the naked eye, Weaver seems to be throwing harder.