Hawk & DJ? Feud?

LVSoxFan

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
I thought one of the best broadcast teams was when they brought Robin Ventura up to the booth and it was him DJ and Hawk.  Having a 3rd person really deflated any perceived tension between Hawk and DJ.  I dont know how common it is in baseball to have a 3-man squad and Robin said he didnt want to be a broadcaster, but that handful of games they all worked together was good stuff.

I'm a fan of 3 man booths. I love the Yanks booth.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
As long as we're on this topic...

I love Hawk as much as the next guy, but his incessant slobbering over everything White Sox is becoming overkill. I mean, Jesus Christ, you'd think it's impossible for any major league team to win the World Series without Joey Cora coaching 3rd base.

/rant.

I guess this is what happens after you win a WS.

He adds a lot to the broadcast and has a very good personality. I dont' think Blackjack would do full time broadcasting, but if he did and when we eventually replaced Hawk, I'd try to bring BJ in for a set number of games during hawks final season and put him with DJ and hawk in a 3 man booth to allow him to gel and than eventually turn things to DJ and Black Jack.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
He adds a lot to the broadcast and has a very good personality.  I dont' think Blackjack would do full time broadcasting, but if he did and when we eventually replaced Hawk, I'd try to bring BJ in for a set number of games during hawks final season and put him with DJ and hawk in a 3 man booth to allow him to gel and than eventually turn things to DJ and Black Jack.

Dude, find some new initials to use with that one.