All-Star Balloting Begins

jasonxctf

Dear Fans,

I want to personally thank everyone – my friends, my family, White Sox fans, baseball fans in general, the Chicago White Sox organization, and of course, my teammates – for showing their support for me during the past three days of on-line voting for the final spot on the American League All-Star Team.

The response has been amazing and humbling. Being named to the All-Star Team is a dream every 10-year-old enjoys when growing up playing baseball. Thanks to your votes, I will have the opportunity to fulfill those dreams on Tuesday night in

Detroit at Major League Baseball’s 76th All-Star Game.

It will be an experience I will never forget.

Thank you,

Scott

:cheers

Topic pinned.

The Pods thing was very cool last year. It was nice to see someone on our team finally win that ballot after having Mags in '02 and Frank in '03 and '04 lose that additional balloting race.

It'd definitely be sweet to see our team represented well at this year's ASG.

Even with being World Champs I doubt the Sox are gonna have any starters voted on.....again

But that's not to say there won't be plenty of White Sox on the team.

I hope I'm wroing and have to eat my words, but I just don't see it.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 04:25 AM)
Kind of BS that Ortiz is on the ballot at 1B.  He should have to be a write in like Thome.

Got my 100 votes in.

Seriously. The guy is taking votes away from Kevin Youkilis ...and guys who play first base every day for everyone else.

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(Drew @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
Seriously. The guy is taking votes away from Kevin Youkilis ...and guys who play first base every day for everyone else.

My point is if he doesn't play the position, he should not be listed there.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
My point is if he doesn't play the position, he should not be listed there.

My sentiments exactly. Jim Thome is a full-time DH and not on the ballot. Why is Ortiz special?

QUOTE(Drew @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 02:59 AM)
My sentiments exactly. Jim Thome is a full-time DH and not on the ballot. Why is Ortiz special?

Putting Ortiz on the ballot was a decision made by the Red Sox. The White Sox could have put Thome on as a 1B, but that would have come at Paulie's expense.

That's ridiculous. It's MLB's ballot, let them decide who only plays 1B in NL parks, on full moons, when Kevin Youkilis needs a day off.

I'd say among any White Sox on the ballot, the best chance we have of getting a starter on the field (aside from the mound) is Tadahito Iguchi.

With Soriano playing left field in the other league, there is no longer a slam-dunk pick at 2B in the AL, unless you give it to the Robinson Cano because he's a f***ing Yankee.

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(Drew @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 06:30 PM)
That's ridiculous. It's MLB's ballot, let them decide who only plays 1B in NL parks, on full moons, when Kevin Youkilis needs a day off.

I'd say among any White Sox on the ballot, the best chance we have of getting a starter on the field (aside from the mound) is Tadahito Iguchi.

With Soriano playing left field in the other league, there is no longer a slam-dunk pick at 2B in the AL, unless you give it to the Robinson Cano because he's a f***ing Yankee.

It could be different this year with our increased attendance. We'll have to see how the computer vote comes in too, of course, but if nothing else I expect Tad, Joe, Paulie, maybe even JD or AJ to be more competitive than some of our top candidates in the recent past.