Rush Limbaugh arrested.

Rex Kickass

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
You all are looking for a problem here when there isn't one.  Imagine that.

He was charged for "doctor shopping".  If one obtains a presecription from another doctor for the same medication in 30 days, whether it's 1 pill, 40 pills, or 2,000 pills, the law states you can't do it.  Period.  That was the charge he pled 'not guilty' to.

Can we stop this now?

/waiting for the 8,000 links that tell me I'm wrong.

I don't think anyone was looking for a problem, at least I wasn't. The guy is human. I just think people that rush to the extreme to spin this look silly and dishonest.

BTW, has anyone ever seen Hannity and YASNY at the same time? :bang

I find it curious that every newsflash about Rush hits this board in a New York minute, yet the Patrick Kennedy fiasco (Yes, the esteemed congressman from Rhode Island and the son of Sen. Edward Kennedy) gets nary a word. Like father, like son?

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
I find it curious that every newsflash about Rush hits this board in a New York minute, yet the Patrick Kennedy fiasco (Yes, the esteemed congressman from Rhode Island and the son of Sen. Edward Kennedy) gets nary a word.  Like father, like son?

Kennedy would have been the lead story of the day if not for the Goss resignation.

It would be troubling to find he did get special treatment and was not administered a breath test.

Kennedy is on his way into drug rehab at Mayo.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
Kennedy would have been the lead story of the day if not for the Goss resignation.

It would be troubling to find he did get special treatment and was not administered a breath test.

Kennedy is on his way into drug rehab at Mayo.

Ah, but this Kennedy thing hit yesterday.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
True, but the alleged special treatment would have been tthe subject of today's news cycle I assume.

You assume that because it's suits your position. If this would have been Dick Cheney, it would have been trumpeted all over this board.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
You assume that because it's suits your position.  If this would have been Dick Cheney, it would have been trumpeted all over this board.

I won't rush to Pat Kennedy's defense. Whether he was drunk or whether it was the pain medication he is apparently addicted to, when I hear he has no recollection of the events of the day – including getting out of bed. . . getting in his car . . . crashing his car – I just have to :headshake :headshake

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
I won't rush to Pat Kennedy's defense.  Whether he was drunk or whether it was the pain medication he is apparently addicted to,  when I hear he has no recollection of the events of the day – including getting out of bed. . . getting in his car . . . crashing his car – I just have to  :headshake  :headshake

Still, if it was anybody with an ® after his name ....

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
Actually Rush getting treatment is probably not a bad idea.  Maybe Pat's room at Mayo has an extra bed?  :D

Rush is and has been getting treatment. Humor is one way to deflect the point, though.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 5, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
Rush is and has been getting treatment.  Humor is one way to deflect the point, though.

Ach, I should have instead deflected the point by pointing out that I had exactly 0 posts in this thread until I responded to your Kennedy quip today. And in my response I tried to emphasize that I have little sympathy for Patrick Kennedy and in fact am worried he's out driving on the streets when he can't remember getting up in the morning.

Anyway, it seems like these painkillers are good stuff with all these folks addicted to them. I'd better get a hold of some and see what I'm missing. Sorry, more humor.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
Ach, I should have instead deflected the point by pointing out that I had exactly 0 posts in this thread until I responded to your Kennedy quip today.  And in my response I tried to emphasize that I have little sympathy for Patrick Kennedy and in fact am worried he's out driving on the streets when he can't remember getting up in the morning.

Anyway, it seems like these painkillers are good stuff with all these folks addicted to them.  I'd better get a hold of some and see what I'm missing.  Sorry, more humor.

Fair enough. :cheers

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
Anything short of a reporter shooting Kennedy would haver resulted in some conservatives claiming media bias.  :headshake

I was talking about Soxtalk bias. Not media. :headshake

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 7, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
I was talking about Soxtalk bias.  Not media.  :headshake

I was talking about conservatives, not Democrats like you.