Mario Williams to be #1 Pick

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Michael Irvin on SC saying it's horrible....."Defense doesn't win championships....being able to outscore the other team is what matters."

Somewhere in his pocket I can sniff the drugs....

BTW, I'm still shocked about all of this. I'm definitely gonna watch this draft for 4 hours or how many hours it is till it ends. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
Michael Irvin on SC saying it's horrible....."Defense doesn't win championships....being able to outscore the other team is what matters."

Worked well for Indy...

Yeah he also said if Bush went to the Texans he would have rushed for 2,000 yards 2 years in a row

:rolly

Reggie Bush will never run for 2,000 yards in the NFL.. this isnt USC where he is gonna just dance around a bunch of teenagers, he is going to have to run between the tackles and take poundings for 16 games as someones "feature back".. As of right now, I am VERY skeptical that he can do it (Run between the tackles and handle the full load of a starting NFL running back that is)

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 08:04 AM)
You have to hope the Houston fans don't take their frustrations out on Mario Williams.  It's hard to believe, but the #1 overall pick could be reviled by his own team's fans.

That happens with with every pick involving an east coast team though. Williams will be fine.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 08:49 AM)
This is like passing on Michael Jordan for Sam Bowie...

Not even close

A lot of people are hating on this pick for the sole fact they dont even know who Mario Williams is and all they have heard or seen is Reggie Bush

Edited by T R U

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
Not even close

A lot of people are hating on this pick for the sole fact they dont even know who Mario Williams is and all they have heard or seen is Reggie Bush

i totally agree....

but to justify this pick in the eyes of the masses... Mario Williams has to be pretty damn good.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
Man this draft has been weird especially for the Titans. They got Vince Young and LenDale White... :o

Im not too sold on Lendale White, he adds alot of weight and he has a poor workout and isnt motivated.

Im surprised Chad Jackson and Jimmy Williams took the drop they did I was hoping that that the packers would take Jimmy but bonehead Thompson trades the pick.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Im not too sold on Lendale White, he adds alot of weight and he has a poor workout and isnt motivated.

I was saying that in regard to both playing against each other just a few months ago and now on the same team potentially hearing the names "Young hands off to White."

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)

Im surprised Chad Jackson and Jimmy Williams took the drop they did I was hoping that that the packers would take Jimmy but bonehead Thompson trades the pick.

LenDale White said he weighed 239 today... that would be much less than his playing weight at USC

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
LenDale White said he weighed 239 today... that would be much less than his playing weight at USC

He's also been nursing a hamstring injury that we have no idea when he got it, or why it's taken so long to heal.