Ozzie and the ASG

mmmmmbeeer

If mods want to merge this with the pinned AS thread, that's cool.

Just curious what y'all think...Ozzie seems to REALLY take pride in sticking up for his players, almost to a fault at times. So come July, am I the only one who thinks Ozzie is going to bring a ridiculous number of white sox players with him, drawing MAJOR criticism from the media? Just knowing the way Ozzie seems to feed off of controversey, I think this is very possible.

I hope he does. How many years did Joe Torre take half of his team? Everyone complained, but nobody did anything about it. Like I said after the Thome deal, When you finally get to sit on the throne, you better act like a f***ing king. Ozzie can do what he wants, if he wants his boys, more power to him.

To tell you the truth, I think the Sox are gonna get plenty of guys voted in as it is.

Like everybody is saying I think Oz respects the game and won't take somebody who is hitting .270, but he's gonna take a lot of Sox iwhich is only reasonable considering we're World Champs.

Right now, Iguchi has to be considered as well as Thome, Mark B, Jose, Konerko, Jenks, Dye and A.J.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 1, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
I can see Contreras, Thome, Konerko and Iguchi.

I like Buehrle as a player, but he hasn't convinced me yet that he's an All Star this season.

Not sure exactly what you want the guy to do but he's 3rd in the al in era and top 5 in whip.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 1, 2006 -> 03:08 AM)
I can see Contreras, Thome, Konerko and Iguchi.

I like Buehrle as a player, but he hasn't convinced me yet that he's an All Star this season.

I guess Schilling isn't an All Star this year either. He lost to the D-Rays.

Hate to say it, but it might be hard for Ozzie to actually bring Thome. IIRC, the AS game is at a National League park this year, which means no DH's, and there's a ton of guys out there playing good 1b or with big reputations. Tex may get voted in again, Giambi, Shelton, PK, Sexson's sure to heat up at some point, Big Papi (He's got to be there somewhere), etc.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 29, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
If the ASG were today,

He'd take JD, Konerko, Thome, Buehrle, and Contreras

All 5 of them could be there in July, but they have to continue to perform for him to justify taking them...

Vazquez is the one I'm expecting to make the team as Ozzie sees more and more of what he can do.

I betcha by the time things roll around, Cotts/Politte/Jenks (at least 2 of them will also be representing).