White Sox v. LAA Angels 4/30 2:35 CSN

In an attempt to go 1-1 on the West Coast swing, I'll try my hand at another game-thread.

I'm in complete White Sox mode following that disappointing draft and remembered that this is where my heart is...White Sox baseball.

Jon Garland 2-1, 7.30 v. Ervin Santana 2-0 2.96

No Sunday lineup, today, Ozzie. Let's get the sweep and set the tone for future baseball on the West Coast.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I might sit Paulie for versus Santana and give Gload a start because he is lefty. Lefties hit Santana much better.

My line-up today would be:

Pods LF

Iguchi 2B

Thome DH

Dye RF

Pierzynski C

Crede 3B

Gload 1B

Mackowiak CF

Cinton SS

It looks like the Sunday line-up, but lefties hit nearly twofold better against Santana than righties.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
At least we won the series cuz this pitching matchup sucks

Based on this years statistics, yes. But Santana is the same guy who s*** his pants in Game 4 of the ALCS. And Garland seems to be getting his stuff together. We'll see.

Garland's had the "Sunday lineup" behind him more than anyone else this season, and he may receive it once again. Garland's coming around though.

I saw an article this weekend, where was talking of having a dead-arm period to start the season, but his arm's as strong as it ever was now.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Thome needs a break.  Give it to him.

Agreed. Not that he could be expected to maintain the pace he set to open the season, but he has slowed down ever so slightly. Assuming Ross Gload is still travelling with the team, I would give him a start at 1st and let Konerko DH.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
Agreed.  Not that he could be expected to maintain the pace he set to open the season, but he has slowed down ever so slightly.  Assuming Ross Gload is still travelling with the team, I would give him a start at 1st and let Konerko DH.

Thome's been this streaky throughout his career, or so I'm told. One week he lights the world on fire, the next week he strikes out a lot. He knows how to work his way out of a slump. If he tells Ozzie he needs a day off, he gets it. If not, let him play. He'll get plenty of days off when interleague play rolls around.

Anywho, Let's go get these bastards Jon. And backups, take care of the big guy today.

Oh and Jon...whoever's catching for the Angels...if you felt the urge to plunk him in the back the first time you see him, I wouldn't mind one bit.

Alright Garland, time for the killing blow. Would be really, really nice to sweep them in front of their jackass, rally-monkey humpin', thunderstick bangin' fans!!! I would love a 4-2 west coast swing, lets get it done!!!

Go Jon!!!

:fight

:gosox1:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Pods, LF

Cintron, 2B

Thome, DH

PK, 1B

Dye, RF

Crede, 3B

Mack, CF

Uribe, SS

Widger, C

Garland, SP

Widger is gonna go go 0-4 today. AJ should be catching Jon, especially with Santana pitching who is tough on righties.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
What has Garland done wrong to have the b-team starting line up every time he starts?  At least this time, Pablo is not in LF.

I said the same thing out loud after I read the line up. I have no problem with Cintron and Mack out there, but AJ needs to play today. If anything, we are going to need his bat against Santana.

Oh well, it is what it is, go get em boys!

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
I said the same thing out loud after I read the line up.  I have no problem with Cintron and Mack out there, but AJ needs to play today.  If anything, we are going to need his bat against Santana.

Oh well, it is what it is, go get em boys!

You ever been hit with a fastball in the back of the calf? Let alone have to try and play catcher the next day? I'm pretty sure he was limping pretty bad when he got out of bed this morning.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 12:48 PM)
You ever been hit with a fastball in the back of the calf? Let alone have to try and play catcher the next day? I'm pretty sure he was limping pretty bad when he got out of bed this morning.

Sucks for him too cause it'll probably feel worse sitting around compared to if he played.

Chicago White Sox
Scott Podsednik LF .233
Alex Cintron 2B .297
Jim Thome DH .307
Paul Konerko 1B .372
Jermaine Dye RF .329
Joe Crede 3B .286
Rob Mackowiak CF .125
Juan Uribe SS .175
Chris Widger C .077
 Jon Garland P (2-1 7.3)

Los Angeles Angels
Chone Figgins 3B .266
Orlando Cabrera SS .283
Vladimir Guerrero RF .319
Garret Anderson LF .322
Tim Salmon DH .304
Darin Erstad CF .250
Casey Kotchman 1B .152
Jeff Mathis C .118
Adam Kennedy 2B .333
 Ervin Santana P (2-0 2.96)

Umpires: HP: Charlie Reliford 1B: Larry Vanover 2B: Greg Gibson 3B: Paul Nauert

Anyone who Jeff Mathis is?

QUOTE(TLAK @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
Chicago White Sox
Scott Podsednik LF .233
Alex Cintron 2B .297
Jim Thome DH .307
Paul Konerko 1B .372
Jermaine Dye RF .329
Joe Crede 3B .286
Rob Mackowiak CF .125
Juan Uribe SS .175
Chris Widger C .077
 Jon Garland P (2-1 7.3)
Los Angeles Angels
Chone Figgins 3B .266
Orlando Cabrera SS .283
Vladimir Guerrero RF .319
Garret Anderson LF .322
Tim Salmon DH .304
Darin Erstad CF .250
Casey Kotchman 1B .152
Jeff Mathis C .118
Adam Kennedy 2B .333
 Ervin Santana P (2-0 2.96)

Umpires: HP: Charlie Reliford 1B: Larry Vanover 2B: Greg Gibson 3B: Paul Nauert

Anyone who Jeff Mathis is?

One of their top prospects and one of the reasons that they let Bengie go like retards. Mathis is very talented but not ready yet.