AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&a

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 05:12 PM)
EAT s*** ANGELS!!!!!!!

BOO ALL YOU WANT TO.............WE RULE AND YOU SUCK BALLS!!!!!!!!!

OFFENSE EXECUTED BRILLIANTLY!!!!

CREDE AND WIDGE WITH MONSTER DAYS!!!!!

ANOTHER SWEEP!!!!

GIMMIE A HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell Yaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers :drink :drink :drink

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
I still think he called a pretty s***ty game behind the plate at times today, but he made up for it at the plate.

He wanted to pound the outside half of the plate it seemed, and as DJ and Hawk kept mentioning Garland was at his best last year when he was pounding the inside half of the plate. Hopefully this changes throughout the year

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
What is Widgers team ERA this season... He needed to come through big on offense after calling such a horrible game... I'd say this game is half Garlands fault and half Widgers fault... The only difference is Widger was finally able to get it done with the bat!

yeah....

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 05:39 PM)
What is Widgers team ERA this season... He needed to come through big on offense after calling such a horrible game... I'd say this game is half Garlands fault and half Widgers fault... The only difference is Widger was finally able to get it done with the bat!

Tell me why you are assigning blame for a win. Im kinda curious.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 1, 2006 -> 05:17 AM)
I am still not confident in Judy though....

Good God, you are still calling him Judy after what he did in the postseason last year?

it is a pretty good nickname.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 1, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
I am still not confident in Judy though....

Good God, you are still calling him Judy after what he did in the postseason last year?

Yes, and I am sure I am not the only one. We only saw Jon for about 2-3 innings tops yesterday, the rest of the time it was Judy out there. He is our number 5 at best, and an overpaid one at that. As much as I would like to believe it isn't the case, I think Jon just pitched out of his mind last year and the likelihood of him even coming close to repeating is slim/none. I still like the guy, don't get me wrong, but going by what he looks like so far, I would say he is back to his .500 or slightly above .500 self.

Besides its not about what he did last year, he got his props for that. Everyone else on the starting staff seems to have almost picked up where they left off last year or even exceeded our initial expectations(save for Freddy, but he should get there once the he puts the bong away).

So in a nutshell, until he gets his act together, I think we will only see rare appearances from Jon and lots of "Somewhere over the rainbow."

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
He wanted to pound the outside half of the plate it seemed, and as DJ and Hawk kept mentioning Garland was at his best last year when he was pounding the inside half of the plate.  Hopefully this changes throughout the year

Thats the same game plan he used with Javy when he got rocked against the Jays. He is almost scared to make the pitcher throw inside. Finally after 4 innings of away, away, away, he finally started to come inside a bit.