Carlos The Cub-Killer

Dan

Carlos Lee set a team mark with his 10th April homer as Milwaukee outscored Chicago, 25-2, in the last two games. Set a Brewers record with his 10th April home run in a 9-0 win over the Cubs on Sunday at Wrigley Field. :cheers

Kenny would have never heard the end of how bad a trade this was had we not won it all last year.....and ended up even better this year......but I'm glad it worked out for both sides.

Oh and where are the Cubs going to play him (lol)? Pie and/or Pierre is the future in CF, they are stuck with Jock for 2 years after this, and Lord knows how much they love Matt Murton. Plus, the Tribune company showed this offseason they are going on the cheap on the REALLY expensive guys, and Lee is going to be just that.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Oh and where are the Cubs going to play him (lol)?  Pie and/or Pierre is the future in CF, they are stuck with Jock for 2 years after this, and Lord knows how much they love Matt Murton.

Pie (the 5 tool stud) is their future CF. The thing is they better hope Harvey develops cause I can see them letting Jones go after 2 years (or even trade same with Pierre who has better value) till Harvey comes up and will be their future RF. They see it as a Murton-Pie-Harvey and if Harvey (or another top spect of theirs) doesn't work, they can always slide Pie to right (good arm) even though he throws left-handed (hell Jones throws left) That's the thing about the cubs though. There is always "what if", "how about", "he should had", etc.. etc.. etc.. with their team/organization. They don't/will never get it done when it comes to building a championship team it's always "wait till next year" always and eigher a player(s) gets injured, or they fall in love too much with their prospects (or wait till they can/cannot develop.)

Who else would be in on Lee? The Cardinals won't have the money with most of their pitchers free agents. The Cubs should be interested but probably will come up short on the dollars. I just kind of wonder why the Brewers are going to let him walk. He might not be worth a 5 year contract but he's very productive and really does help take the pressure off the kids in the lineup. Could he become a Met? Hmm.

Kenny would have never heard the end of how bad a trade this was had we not won it all last year.....and ended up even better this year......but I'm glad it worked out for both sides.

Indeed. But, it did work out spledidly didn't it!

The Cubs, outside of Gred Maddux starts--are in trouble. And when Maddux remembers he's like 400 years old in July they will suck then too.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
Who else would be in on Lee? The Cardinals won't have the money with most of their pitchers free agents. The Cubs should be interested but probably will come up short on the dollars. I just kind of wonder why the Brewers are going to let him walk. He might not be worth a 5 year contract but he's very productive and really does help take the pressure off the kids in the lineup. Could he become a Met? Hmm.

Between that new stadium, the attendance, and the fact they may make the playoffs again and DESPERATELY need an outfiedler....I still think Lee to St. Louis is a very real possibilty. Not sure where he ends up, but I think the Jock Jones contract sillyness and how long it is might cost the Cubs El Caballo, and that would be so Cubs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
Between that new stadium, the attendance, and the fact they may make the playoffs again and DESPERATELY need an outfiedler....I still think Lee to St. Louis is a very real possibilty.  Not sure where he ends up, but I think the Jock Jones contract sillyness and how long it is might cost the Cubs El Caballo, and that would be so Cubs.

Seriously though, 4 of the Cardinals 5 starting pitchers are FA's after this season. Even if they have the new stadium, the only way they're grabbing Lee is if they find a few bargains or young guys to fill their pitching staff.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:22 PM)
Seriously though, 4 of the Cardinals 5 starting pitchers are FA's after this season.  Even if they have the new stadium, the only way they're grabbing Lee is if they find a few bargains or young guys to fill their pitching staff.

I'm going to assume that even with the injury that Reyes will be in their rotation next year. Mulder will be back if I had to guess as well. You're right though, they're going to have an interesting offseason.

As far as Carlos goes, I doubt they're going after the horse. Murton is obviously set in, in left. If Juan doesn't re-sign, Pie will play center and they're stuck with jackass. I'm not sure if the Indians have the resources to get Carlos but whatever let them do it, I'd rather them spend money on their offense then their pitching.

Signing carlos lee or any player like him ($$$) is the exact opposite of the indians plan. The indians would invest 20%-25% of their payroll on a left fielder that they have zero need for? The indians bring ^ either snyder or gutierrez and end up paying them next to nothing to produce.

Edited by qwerty