About AJ and the angels fans

hi8is

I went to the game, and on the way home I was listening to the local angels network... some angel fan called in and said that as AJ came out to catch and was introduced, the crowed BOOED and then AJ as a result flipped the crowd off.

hah

i was too far to see it, did anyone else notice this??

As much as I wish it were true, because after this weekend those assholes were very deserving...I strongly doubt it. As I said to the people in the chat during the game, I never thought much about the Angels, never really cared, but now I really hate the team and their lame-ass, thunderstick thumpin' fanbase. They are a collective of idiots and crybabies.

This beatdown was most enjoyable...

:gosox1:

QUOTE(Damen @ May 1, 2006 -> 04:07 AM)
I doubt it's true, and I hope it isn't.  But if there were ever a fanbase who deserved it, Angels fans would be it. 

Exhibit A:  www.halosheaven.com

everyone IS sexy in california!

QUOTE(hi8is @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
I went to the game, and on the way home I was listening to the local angels network... some angel fan called in and said that as AJ came out to catch and was introduced, the crowed BOOED and then AJ as a result flipped the crowd off.

hah

i was too far to see it, did anyone else notice this??

I heard it on the drive home from the game as well and then I tried to call in. I saw exactly what he did and was sitting pretty close at the time. He DID NOT flip anyone off, he simply gave a wave, sort of a salute. He even cracked a smile because the boos were ridiculously loud.

On a funnier note, last night during the "kiss cam" between innings, the last "couple" asked to smooch for fans was Hawk and DJ.

:P

I was at the game, and it looked like he waved from where I was sitting, which was shallow right about 20 rows up. I heard this on the radio driving home and also thought the caller was on crack.

It wouldn't be the first time that bad press about AJ has been fabricated.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ May 1, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)
I mean, c'mon...what do you expect from a team whose name is the equivalent of naming your son Thomas Thomas?

And now, introducing your 2006 "The Angels Angels!!!"

Pssshhh.

Actually, it's your 2006 "The Angels of Anaheim Angels!!!"

My favorite was the dumb f*** who was running up and down the aisles with the "Sox Cheat' sign at Friday night's game.

I have to admit, I'd be pretty frustrated if I was an Angel's fan too. Sure we always seem to beat them, but I wouldn't say we dominate. It always seems to be a close game and we win on a fluke play. Kind of how the Twins used to beat us from 2000-2004.