God bless Jeff Brantley

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:42 AM)
Yeah, Ozzie didnt bring Hermanson in to close a game( i cant remember if the Sox blew the game or not) and Brantley dwelled on it for two segments on BBTN.  Ozzie got pissed and ranted about it, and the next time Brantley was in town he went to smooth things over.  He extended his hand, and IIRC, Ozzie just looked at it and didnt shake it.

Thanks! :cheers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
I do believe that was the Timo game winning single game versus the Angels.

thats right, didnt Vlad hit a game tying or go-ahead homerun when Hermanson was warming up?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:50 AM)
Thanks! :cheers

NP :cheers

Edited by kyyle23

I believe Farmer mentioned Konerko's slow start last night. I think Brantley was just confused and that comment could have been overlooked but stating that Papelbon is the best player in baseball is just stupid.

Isn't Jenks younger and more experienced??????????? If Jenks pitched in NY or Boston there would have been a whole segment on the 9th inning--- 4 batters, 11 pitchers, 1 broken bat single, 3 strikeouts----that is sick.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Isn't Jenks younger and more experienced???????????  If Jenks pitched in NY or Boston there would have been a whole segment on the 9th inning--- 4 batters, 11 pitchers, 1 broken bat single, 3 strikeouts----that is sick.

Who cares? There are plenty of closers that are better than Papelbon. Bringing up Jenks establishes what exactly?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
He says if he could have ANY PLAYER IN THE GAME.......he'd take Jonathan Papelbon

Dont take much stock in this guy. He's the same guy who said that Paul Konerko is off to a slow start...riiiiiiiiiiiiight

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)
Wasn't there a issue last year with Brantley and the Sox?

Almost an media agrument between him and Guillen??

I remember something...

Ozzie also referred to Brantley (if I remember correctly) as a horse-s*** pitcher when he was asked about what Brantley said.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 30, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
He says if he could have ANY PLAYER IN THE GAME.......he'd take Jonathan Papelbon.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That could be the dumbest thing he's ever said, and that's saying something.

The Yankess/Red Sox dick-sucking on ESPN just reached an all-time low. :puke

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 1, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
This is the same genius who in the same show that thank god Thome is doing well, because Konerko is struggling. 

.360BA, 6 dongs, 20 RBI, .433OBP and a .640SLG.  Yeah Mullet thats f***ing struggling.

So dippy Mullet would also take Paplebon over say Santana from the twins.  Whats a perennial Cy Young type pitcher who is a second half unhittable pitcher, but Santana didnt get a Mohawk.  That must be it.

I saw that s*** also. I spit soda out when I heard him say that.

Now I remember why I dont watch BBTN anymore.