Crede, Long term deal?

RockRaines

Long-term planning

May 1 - According to the Daily Southtown, Joe Crede understood why the White Sox offered him a one-year deal over the winter: to avoid arbitration and make him prove the two herniated discs in his lower back would hold up. While Crede is eligible for arbitration again this offseason, the third baseman is hoping for a deal with a bit more security.

"If they wanted to sign me to a one-year deal, then I'm happy with that," Crede told the newspaper. "You would like to have the security there, but they didn't offer me it. I'm not going to sit around and cry about it. Hopefully, someone out there will pick me up or sign me, but I would love to play here. This is where I would love to end my career."

Oh and Joe Borchard is being looked at by the Marlins.

I'd give him a similar deal to AJ, but more like 3 years and 18 mil, but nothing more at this point.

I think a deal like that could happen after the season, IF he is serious about not letting his agent (Scotty Bor-ass) get in the way of a deal.

I believe we do control his rights through the 2007 season.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 1, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
I'd give him a similar deal to AJ, but more like 3 years and 18 mil, but nothing more at this point. 

I think a deal like that could happen after the season, IF he is serious about not letting his agent (Scotty Bor-ass) get in the way of a deal.

I'm thinking more along the lines of 3 yr 12 mill with some potential incentives.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
I'm thinking more along the lines of 3 yr 12 mill with some potential incentives.

If he keeps up what he's doing thus far this season, We'll wish we would have signed him for that last year.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 1, 2006 -> 04:01 PM)

I think that is the most important aspect of re-signing Crede. Should Boras get in the mix, the Sox arent going to get a fair shake. Im sure that guy already has a 254 page book about how much impact Crede has on the White Sox.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)

In arbitration next year he could easily get 4/5 million, so there's no way he'd take that deal.

I'd say 3/18 would be what it would take to get it done.

If you listen to any of the away announcers in the AL, which I do a lot being out of market like you, you'll notice that pretty much every announcing team refers to Crede as being one of the top 3B in the AL. Word is definitely finally getting around on Crede after the playoffs last year.

It is tough to find a third baseman, and he may not have the numbers an outfielder puts up, but for his position he plays solid defense and is becoming a big league hitter and should be a top 10 third baseman by years end if not already.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ May 1, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
It is tough to find a third baseman, and he may not have the numbers an outfielder puts up, but for his position he plays solid defense and is becoming a big league hitter and should be a top 10 third baseman by years end if not already.

He is a serious contender for the gold glove this year. Especially if he keeps hitting. He is going to cost alot more than 5 million a year IMO.

3B in MLB Salaries

Blalock 3 million

Ensberg 3.8 million

Cabrera 472k

Lowell 9 million

Chavez 9.5 million :wub:

Mueller 4.6 million

Mora 4.3 million

Glaus 10 million

David Bell 4.7

Inge 3 million

Aramis Ramirez 11 million

So there are a few that are soon due for bigger paychecks like Mora, Cabrera, Blalock etc. But I think around 5-6 million a year should get it done IMO.

I definitely want to see something done, as far as a contract. Crede's coming into his own, and he's certainly become a fan favorite over the past year for obvious reasons.

Why would you want to let him go after all that, when we could potentially experience all the same struggles again with Fields?

Git R Done! Joe Joe is a White Sox.

Borch Torch will go on to do bad for yet another team.

greasy, is that the one and only John Basedow in your avatar?

QUOTE(Dan @ May 1, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
Git R Done!  Joe Joe is a White Sox.

Borch Torch will go on to do bad for yet another team.

greasy, is that the one and only John Basedow in your avatar?

I was abducted for a second. I don't even know what it was.

He is a serious contender for the gold glove this year.  Especially if he keeps hitting.  He is going to cost alot more than 5 million a year IMO.

3B in MLB Salaries

Blalock 3 million

Ensberg 3.8 million

Cabrera 472k

Lowell 9 million

Chavez 9.5 million  :wub:

Mueller 4.6 million

Mora 4.3 million

Glaus 10 million

David Bell 4.7

Inge 3 million

Aramis Ramirez 11 million

So there are a few that are soon due for bigger paychecks like Mora, Cabrera, Blalock etc.  But I think around 5-6 million a year should get it done IMO.

Where's Adrian Beltre on that list?? He has a 5-year, 64M deal

How about some Soxtalk Joe Crede magic moments... Ah memories.

This whole thread was fun, seems Valentin>Crede

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32309

"You think that Cincy would trade Randa for Crede straight-up? "

"I would take Griffey on the DL for Crede"

"Get off his nuts. We need a new 3B."

"Bold prediction: Crede will be benched at some point during the season for Pablo Ozuna. Crede will be playing for a different team next season. "

"crede is gone after this season. There is no doubt in my mind. His production, his agent, and his successor are all going to contribute to this fact. HE GONE" [April 8, 2005]

"Too bad the M's didn't take Crede instead of Jeremy Reed."

"I think we will see alot of Uribe or Ozuna at third and the other at short. I actually wouldnt mind that lineup, it has alot of speed potential. "

And my personal favorite...

"Crede is just another overhyped Sox prospect. Not his fault that he sucks. We better trade for Vinny Castilla at 3M/yr if we really care about winning it all. You cannot beat the Yankees or Red Sox with any hole in your line up." [April 8, 2005]

I :wub: Soxtalk's patience

Guest JimH

Classic stuff Mike.

The discussions I remember most were Crede for Randa ... and some people wanted the White Sox to add something else to the deal. :bang

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
He is a serious contender for the gold glove this year.  Especially if he keeps hitting.  He is going to cost alot more than 5 million a year IMO.

I know what you mean, but that statement is a sad state of affairs. That's why they have the Silver Slugger award, for people like Manny...Gold Glove should be for fielding only.

But, like I said, I know what you mean, and you're right.

If Crede keeps hitting the way he has so far, getting him locked up to a 3 or 4 year deal sounds like a good idea.

How's it going to impact Josh Fields though? Fields is raking in AAA, and will probably have to move to 1B or the OF. Maybe he can play CF. :bang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
If Crede keeps hitting the way he has so far, getting him locked up to a 3 or 4 year deal sounds like a good idea.

How's it going to impact Josh Fields though? Fields is raking in AAA, and will probably have to move to 1B or the OF. Maybe he can play CF. :bang

Mark Teixeira , Jim Thome, Carlos Lee. Josh Fields might just be another in a long line of players who have switched form 3B to 1B/LF and have gone on to be very productive players at thier new positions.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 3, 2006 -> 05:33 AM)
Mark Teixeira , Jim Thome, Carlos Lee. Josh Fields might just be another in a long line of players who have switched form 3B to 1B/LF and have gone on to be very productive players at thier new positions.

LF would probably be the best option at this stage, with Pods no certainity to be back next season, and Jerry Owens struggling down at AAA.

But Fields has really been a pleasant suprise for me the way he's come into AAA and hit straight off the bat. Too bad Chris Young is also doing the same in AAA Tucson, but that's a whole notha story.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2006 -> 07:24 AM)
How about some Soxtalk Joe Crede magic moments... Ah memories.

This whole thread was fun, seems Valentin>Crede

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32309

"You think that Cincy would trade Randa for Crede straight-up? "

"I would take Griffey on the DL for Crede"

"Get off his nuts. We need a new 3B."

"Bold prediction: Crede will be benched at some point during the season for Pablo Ozuna. Crede will be playing for a different team next season. "

"crede is gone after this season. There is no doubt in my mind. His production, his agent, and his successor are all going to contribute to this fact. HE GONE" [April 8, 2005]

"Too bad the M's didn't take Crede instead of Jeremy Reed."

"I think we will see alot of Uribe or Ozuna at third and the other at short. I actually wouldnt mind that lineup, it has alot of speed potential. "

And my personal favorite...

"Crede is just another overhyped Sox prospect. Not his fault that he sucks. We better trade for Vinny Castilla at 3M/yr if we really care about winning it all. You cannot beat the Yankees or Red Sox with any hole in your line up." [April 8, 2005]

:wub: Soxtalk's patience

Thank you.