• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Thome.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/ar...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

In an article titled: Former Indian returns T-home

Fan favorite makes first appearance at Jacobs Field

"Obviously, I have a ton of memories here," Thome said. "To me, [the reaction] will be nice either way, because it's great to be here and seeing all the people you spent a lot of years seeing."

QUOTE(tealeafreaderii @ May 1, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
We weren't too nice to Maggs    :huh

but then again... them booing Thome would be more along the lines of us booing big frank (and if any of you guys boo big frank, you can expect my beer to be dumped on your head)

Exactly. I'm not shocked by it. Who cares really? I mean, I wouldn't be one to boo, but people who are going to be booing Frank are probably guys who are mad about Thome being booed.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 1, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
Exactly. I'm not shocked by it. Who cares really? I mean, I wouldn't be one to boo, but people who are going to be booing Frank are probably guys who are mad about Thome being booed.

that makes no sense to me

I don't like thome being booed, but franks my alltime favorite player and I wouldn't boo him if he played for the yanks

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 1, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Ya like Maggs really did as much as Thome did for their respective franchises...

And like Thome really left by b****ing out his manager and organization

^^

You really can't compare Thome's return to Magglio's or Frank's.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 1, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Frank Thomas will more than likely earn the Maggs treatment, 50/50 boos and cheers.

He may receive it, but he hasn't earned it.

Oversensitive or not, Frank Thomas was the greatest offensive force in White Sox history, and if people boo that, I just think they're wrong.

QUOTE(The Critic @ May 1, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
He may receive it, but he hasn't earned it.

Oversensitive or not, Frank Thomas was the greatest offensive force in White Sox history, and if people boo that, I just think they're wrong.

Could not agree more.

Classles actions by Indians fans. This guy was basically not re-signed by your club, he carried you for many seasons, is one of the best guys in baseball and still makes his home in your city, which is one of the worst cities in America. Seriously, f*** you cleveland fans. Classless.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 1, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
I thought the booing of Thome was absolute classless as well.  As for comparing him to Maggs, as far I know Thome never ripped the Indians or anything like that.

word. it's more similar to someone like paulie or MB leaving the team, coming back and getting booed. Cleveland fans look like jackasses.