AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

One of the things that I REALLY liked about this game is that Big Mack found his groove. Sure he's just a bench guy, but he's a very streaky bench guy. With Dye's calf a little beat up, Mack will be seeing some playing time this week. Couldn't pick a better time for him to hit one of his hot streaks.

I would like to say that Thome right now is impressing me more then when he was swinging the bat well. I say that because the guy is scuffling right now but even so everytime we've needed a bit hit, he's delivered. Just absolutely fantastic to know that when our best hitter is struggling, he can still win us games.

QUOTE(Balance @ May 1, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
Glad for the win, but I'm surprised that we're not seeing any "what's wrong with the bullpen?" panic threads.

The bullpen has been great of late except for Bmac, and thats the way it was tonight.

Boone was good. Cliff was good. Cotts got a big out in the eighth and then had a bad, bad, bad walk in the ninth, and then a good piece of hitting from Hafner. ANd Jenks was just dominant.

Not great by any means, but only Bmac is struggling right now.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ May 1, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
One of the things that I REALLY liked about this game is that Big Mack found his groove.  Sure he's just a bench guy, but he's a very streaky bench guy.  With Dye's calf a little beat up, Mack will be seeing some playing time this week.  Couldn't pick a better time for him to hit one of his hot streaks.

What happened to dye's calf? Was he bitten by another bloody spider????? :banghead

At risk of getting tomatoes and banana peels thrown at me....

Despite Pods' big game at the plate and on the base paths, I contend he almost cost the WS this game. His nonchalant drop of a rather routine fly ball led to the Indians first run. Although it was only one run, it caused the inning to drag on substantially. Vazquez's pitch count was too high for him to come out in the 7th and we all know how the rest of the game went. I might be nitpicking, but Pods needs to be more focused in LF. His play really changed the momentum of the game and may have given the Indians a better outlook for tomorrow's game. Step it up Scotty!

QUOTE(Beltin'Bill @ May 1, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
At risk of getting tomatoes and banana peels thrown at me....

Despite Pods' big game at the plate and on the base paths, I contend he almost cost the WS this game. His nonchalant drop of a rather routine fly ball led to the Indians first run. Although it was only one run, it caused the inning to drag on substantially. Vazquez's pitch count was too high for him to come out in the 7th and we all know how the rest of the game went. I might be nitpicking, but Pods needs to be more focused in LF. His play really changed the momentum of the game and may have given the Indians a better outlook for tomorrow's game. Step it up Scotty!

Scotty did have 4 sb's tonight and played a huge part in scoring runs and really setting the tone for the game. He made an error, its going to happen again many times this season, and the same for the rest of the team. Picking out a small negative in an otherwise positive game for PODS is pretty ridiculous IMO.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Scotty did have 4 sb's tonight and played a huge part in scoring runs and really setting the tone for the game.  He made an error, its going to happen again many times this season, and the same for the rest of the team.  Picking out a small negative in an otherwise positive game for PODS is pretty ridiculous IMO.

agreed, well said.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Scotty did have 4 sb's tonight

true

but i want to see him consistently steal some bases on a catcher that has actually thrown someone out (the indians catcher totally blows).

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 1, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
true

but i want to see him consistently  steal some bases on a catcher that has actually thrown someone out (the indians catcher totally blows).

A hit is a hit, and sb is an sb. He did it, and seriously has fueled this team on our current streak. Scottie got hot, and so did the sox. The guy influences this team more than stats show.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 1, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
true

but i want to see him consistently  steal some bases on a catcher that has actually thrown someone out (the indians catcher totally blows).

I don't think V-Mart is that bad a catcher... its just they play him every night... physically I bet he is exhausted...

still batting damn near .400 though (carring my fantasy team :cheers )

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ May 1, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
I for one have never seen a play like fat bastard Belliard did in the 8th.  HE gets in front of uribe, and then yells at him and tries to distract hin on second base.

Bernstein says it right, the tribe are a bunch of lethargic robotic retards.

You mean like when Uribe convinced Derick Lee that a ball was foul when it was indeed fair and cost him a base? :ph34r:

I know we have our little chat-crew Boone Logan fanclub, but I'm starting to think that it might be time for Ozzie to take Logan a bit more seriously. He's done pretty good in his last few appearances. I think it's about time to try him in a set-up position.